United Announces Mobile Check-in and Paperless Boarding for International Travel

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Infinite1K, Mar 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice!
    I gotten used to the mobile boarding passes. I like the ease of it (incl on MRs)

3. milepig
    Original Member

milepig Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried it a few times and went back to paper except for situations where I didn't have a printer at hand. I just found handing people a piece of paper much less hassle than trying to juggle my phone, my ID, etc.

4. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't find it much of a hassle at all to use my phone. Not much difference, imo, between holding phone/id and paper bp/id.

Also, I've found that GA's will check your paper BP for seating area, but don't do so for mobile BPs. Not once have they bothered when I've presented them with my phone. I haven't been so bold as to try to board with the GS/1K's, but I suspect most GA's would just let me go. A couple of times, the reader was not scanning properly, so they just quickly entered in my seat #/last name and boarded me manually. Took just a few seconds longer.

I'm gonna hafta try this in AMS next month!

5. dwhotz
    Original Member

dwhotz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Frankly, I like how cool I look/feel when my phone gets scanned.

6. Always Be Flying
    Original Member

Always Be Flying Silver Member

Status Points:
    I quite like the mobile BP's, but only use them on 100% domestic travel, as I have received a number of tilted-head & blank stares from not only customs people but also duty free shops, and even a few lounge dragons.

7. bonnerbl
    Original Member

bonnerbl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've always wondered in case of missing mileage and they ask for the boarding pass - what do you send them?

8. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even domestically I've had the occasional problem....like at OAK where the TSA reader was defective and I had to return to the UA check-in counter for a paper BP.

9. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I really enjoy mobile BPs...but refuse to use them out of my home station here in ALB. I will print the ALB-XXX BP and skip printing the rest of the pages to use the phone. At our TSA checkpoint, which at times has 3 ID checkers, only 1 ever seems to have the scanner. This also happens to be to the far left where the crew line is...and is typically the slowest. Also, in the few times I have tried it out of ALB, the darn scanner is never on...and it takes a minute to "warm up". So I end up standing there to the side while it does it's thing. Very frustrating!