United Airlines 'refused to stop mile-high sex act'

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by GoodBoy, Jun 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. United Airlines 'refused to stop mile-high sex act':eek:
    • by: By staff writers
    • June 03, 2013 3:34PM
    • Teen sues airline over masturbating passenger
    • Claims flight attendants refused to stop him
    • Her father complained to police afterwards
    [​IMG]
    Monica Amestoy with her Attorney Gloria Allred during a news conference. Picture: AP
    A TEENAGER is suing United Airlines for refusing to stop a fellow passenger from joining the mile-high club - with himself.
    Monica Amestoy, 18, claims she was forced to spend "long periods" of a six-hour flight from New York to Los Angeles near the masturbating man, the US Courthouse News reported.
    According to her complaint: "After the plane took off, the plaintiff saw to her horror that the male passenger directly across the aisle from her had exposed his penis and was masturbating. That passenger had stationed his airline blanket in a way that concealed his activities from other passengers on one side of him. His conduct was very visible to the plaintiff, however."
    Amestoy says the passenger stopped after she complained to a flight attendant, but the attendant did nothing but stand in the vicinity of the man before soon attending to other duties.
    It wasn't long before the man "exposed his penis and started to masturbate again".
    She complained again only to be told by the flight crew that despite his conduct being "disgusting" there was nothing they could do, CBS LA reported.
    The crew refused to move the man, and Amestoy's request to be relocated was also denied - as there here were no empty seats in her class.
    "The flight attendant and/or crew took no action to relocate the plaintiff, to prevent the perpetrator from exposing himself or masturbating, or to report the offensive conduct to the flight deck."
    It was Amestoy's father who reported the incident to police. An investigation was launched, and the man pleaded guilty to the alleged crimes.
    United Airlines has released a statement to the media saying: "The comfort and security of our customers is our top priority, and we will closely review this complaint when we receive it".
    The airline did not want to comment further.
    The lawsuit accuses United Airlines of negligence, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and false imprisonment.

: http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/united-airlines-refused-to-stop-mile-high-sex-act/story-e6frfq80-1226656136858#ixzz2V8fYYflT

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like this suit has been a long time coming...

Mapsmith, jrp2, LETTERBOY and 3 others like this.
  3. Sedosi

Sedosi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good night everybody! Be sure to tip your waitress and order the prime rib.

Chimpy, Mapsmith, anileze and 3 others like this.
  4. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Without even reading the article or looking at the picture, I somehow knew she was being represented by Gloria Allred

5. :p:D

Chimpy, Mapsmith and LETTERBOY like this.
  6. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Who doesn't associate Gloria Allred with masturbation? :D

Mapsmith, Flyer1976, anileze and 2 others like this.
  7. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to have go to with Gloria Allred as both my answer and my lawyer to back that claim. :D

Mapsmith, Flyer1976, anileze and 3 others like this.
  8. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know what happened on that flight, but anyone who associates with Gloria Allred in any way, shape, or form has zero credibility in my eyes.

9. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess the FAs should have been more hands on with dealing with the situation. It could have prevented this story from climaxing with a lawsuit.

10. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep. Now it's just a messy stain on the airline's reputation. I would like to see video of the oral arguments, though, as well as know who (besides the rest of us) get dicked over with higher fares to cover any settlement.

IBTL.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

Mapsmith and LETTERBOY like this.
  11. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, but you have ruined the idea of sex for a few hours.

Mike Reed, anileze and LETTERBOY like this.