United Airlines Opens New San Diego United Club

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sobore, Aug 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.pr-bg.com/content/view/4827/79/

United Airlines tomorrow will open its new United Club lounge in Terminal 2 at San Diego International Airport, the third club to feature the airline's new design concept. The opening coincides with the consolidation of United's terminal facilities to the newly expanded Terminal 2 West, offering customers a new ticketing lobby, baggage claim area and improved shopping and dining options.

The 5,842-square-foot United Club in San Diego is located in Terminal 2 West on the Mez
    zanine level, directly above the airport's new Sunset Cove, an atrium that offers panoramic views of the airfield. The United Club features spectacular views of the Point Loma seaside community, balcony lounge seating within the atrium and a centrally located buffet and bar. The new and improved furnishings enable customers to relax or work with greater ease and comfort.

"The new United Club in San Diego offers customers an improved airport lounge experience that reflects a true Southern California ambiance," said Martin Hand, senior vice president of customer experience at United. "Our investment in our clubs and airport facilities worldwide underscores our ongoing commitment to improving the overall travel experience for our customers."

Read More: http://www.pr-bg.com/content/view/4827/79/

uggboy likes this.
  2. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I really dig the new club design. Heck, I even like the new furniture in DEN even without the full club overhaul.

Hopefully MCO is somewhere on the list for club remodels, though I'm betting it's not exactly a priority location.

Sent from a place using a fruit thing.

sobore, ChrisUNC and ssullivan like this.
  3. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Huh. I didn't even realize MCO had a UC.

Given the deplorable condition of the old furniture in DEN, which was so worn it may have been original furniture dating to the airport's opening, anything would have been an improvement. That they went ahead and just installed the new furniture and power outlets, without a full club remodel, is a good sign. We may see some similar small improvements at some of the other clubs that aren't high on the list for a full renovation.

At this point, everything that's getting the completely new look has been a newly built club location - ORD F, SEA, SAN, and the new IAH B south concourse club that's due to open later this year.

4. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep, and it's a life saver if I'm ever at the airport early. Anything to avoid the concourse full of folks who are heading too/from the Mouse.

ssullivan likes this.
  5. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    I absolutely LOVE the new UC design - its leaps and bounds ahead of US' clubs.

ssullivan likes this.
  6. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't that impressed with the new UC in SAN. Seems smaller than the old one in terminal 1. Saw a sign that said max capacity is 835. Maybe 135. The automated coffee machine grinds the beans for your cup which is nice. The bin for regular beans was out but wouldn't let you get a decaf which was mostly full with beans until the other bin gets filled. The machine allows you to get medium or large fill of coffee. The ceramic cups barely hold a medium fill. The bathroom has one weak hand drier. UA should have spent a few more bucks and got a dryer that could dry your hands in less than 5 minutes.

The upgraded terminal 2 is nice. Power/USB at all gate seats. Boarded at gate 39 which is a new area. The jetway had old grungy stained carpet.