United Airlines not acknowledging new 1K in timely fashion

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Courcoison, Dec 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good Day:
    I reached 1k status on segments ( 123.5 EQS. 98.527 EQM) over 10 days ago but although the United Airlines web site was quick ( the day after I qualified) to show I needed an extra 26.5 EQS or 26,473 EQM to qualify for 2 extra Regional Upgrades the 6 Systemwide upgrades have yet to show/post and I have not received any kind of acknowledgement from United Airlines.
    I called the Mileage Plus Center this morning and after 15 minutes I was finally connected to an agent in the Philippines who had no clue about what was going on. After another 15 minutes I was told somebody would call me back...
    I sense United Airlines lack of communication and account update will be blamed on the merger but does anyone knows what is going on?

avflyer likes this.
  2. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't receive any email acknowledgement when I hit 1K. The SWUs posted about 2 weeks after I made it. And a month later I got a new card in the mail (for 2011 -- even though I qualified in November.)

Might need to be more patient during the holiday period too.

HaveMilesWillTravel and AZjohn like this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    My SWUs posted shortly after I passed the 100k line at the end of November. The maple wood wall plaque with Smisek's mug shot embossed into a thin layer of gold arrived two days before Christmas. The new 1K card will arrive ... later ;)

4. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmmmm, you ask a very good question there.
    Did you set up to have CO as your primary account (where you requested the SWU's and CR1's be deposited)? I have read many accounts that CO takes much longer of a time to deposite these than UA does (have no idea why). I also read that nobody has had any luck speeding up this process by calling.
    If you need to use these SWU's on a future reservation that has R/NC space available now, I would suggest applying miles towards the UG now and then swaping them out with your SWU's when they get deposited. If you don't need them now, hopefully they show up next month soemtime.
    John

5. bta
    Original Member

bta Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have about 115 segments on UA, and 8 on CO. The last UA segment posted over a week ago, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that I crossed the line. Accounts are linked, so I'm not too worried, but I do wish there was some sort of acknowledgement. I won't be upset if the SWU's don't post until January...but we will see.

6. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    John, thank you very much for your input.
    United is set up as my primary account.
    I received a call back from a Mileage Plus desk manager in the Philippines and was told the 6 SWU's and the 2 CR1's would post to my Mileage Plus account the first week of January...
    I do not need to use the SWU's right away and I have 5 CR1's left so I am fine but at this point I certainly would not be surprised if it did not happen as stated.

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    There are always cases where things go wrong, but I think at this point we have little evidence that there are widespread problems with SWU postings. In fact, most people seem to want them to post later (though UA has apparently stated that they will extend them until end of 2012 if requested).

8. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    bta, if I remember correctly I never got an "offical" acknowledgement anytime I reached 1K. I think I only got something long after I reached the mile stone (unlike HaveMilesWillTravel who gets a plaque of Smisek:eek:). What I did look for was those SWU's and CR1's to post, which were good enough in my book;)
    Very cool! Got to say I'm surprised at your call back, but happy to hear about it. You also seem very wise with your low expectation level on time line;)
    John

9. beach1103

beach1103 Silver Member

Status Points:
    same thing just happened to me.....hit 1k two weeks ago and have not seen the 6 SWU hit my account yet. Called MP Customer Service this morning and they told me that they are aware of the problem, as it is effecting many people that are due these upgrades, and are working quickly to fix it. They told me that the upgrade will be in my account by next Tuesday at the latest....

10. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    1k.jpg Good Day:
    In better times this is the kind of message I was used to receive as a Million Mile Flyer and 1K upon qualifying for the next year .
    Last year I qualified for 1K in November 2010.

AZjohn likes this.
  11. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just pass the 1k mark again the day after Christmas and the longer they wait to deposit the SWU's the better.

catgirl and canucklehead like this.
  12. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I don't think I received one of these this year. Might be that they stopped sending them because, well, they aren't actually sending out new 2012 cards until later in the year. Of course, they could have just changed the wording accordingly.

13. mw362

mw362 Active Member

Status Points:
    My experience and observation over the past few months with several OP/MP accounts is that usually some sort of analysis is run from the MP side on balances that existed on Saturday evening (USA), the result of which posts to the MP site on Wednesday mornings. This MP analysis seems to "pick up" EQM and EQS from OP.

So, for example, you flew on Monday afternoon with your OP number in the record. This mileage should put you over the top for 1K. On the following Thursday (3 days) the mileage would post to your OP account on CO.com. That Saturday (5 days), the balance would be read by MP and then your MP account would finally reflect 1K the following Wednesday (9 days).

Another example: If you flew CO to cross 100k EQM on Thursday, and the miles posted to OP on Sunday (3 days), you would have missed the Saturday cutoff for that week and so MP wouldn't pick up the change until the following Saturday (9 days), which would then reflect 1K on the MP site on the following Wednesday (13 days).

YMMV!

14. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    I crossed 100,000 elite miles back in September (ending the year with about 122,000), and have yet to receive my 1K credentials. I don't really care, since my status shows as such, and I have my SWU's. Figured you'd appreciate knowing you're not alone in getting the cold shoulder.

theBOAT

15. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good Day:

My 6 SWU's and 2 CR1's have posted to my Mileage Plus account.

I like it.

bta and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  16. radonc1951

radonc1951 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have no idea what is going on at CO dba UA. My combined mileage passed 100K at the end of Nov but I have heard nothing. I have 4 SWUs that expire at the end of Feb, 2012 that came from who knows where (I did not earn 100K miles by 2/2011) and 2 CR1s that expire at the end of next year that have been around for almost 4 months (no idea how those were earned as well). They still have not posted by flights from HKG to SIN or my return from SIN to CLE. They said it will take 3 weeks to fix. I cannot wait to see the results of the "fix".

Does not stop my flying, however. Booked full for Jan.:)

17. bta
    Original Member

bta Silver Member

Status Points:
    My SWU and CR1 posted today as well.

Couldn't they wait a few days so as to get one month more before they expire?

18. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's pretty standard that the SWUs get credited in the month earned not necessarily when deposited. That is, I requalified for 1K in mid-October and the SWUs posted in the first week of November but with the expiry of October 2012. It appears there are two sweeps a month for crediting SWUs and CR1s. BTW never received an email confirming my requalification for 2012 1K but was never concerned.

19. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just wondering, does the thread title really need to be all-caps?

20. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I might be mistaken about this but the practice used to be that regardless of when one hit 1K, the SWUs always posted on Jan 1 of the following year. Then last year or the year before they changed that rule and allowed folks to request that some or all of their SWUs be posted before Jan 1. The story for the extra SWUs remained the same: they were credited the next time a sweep was done after you'd earned them.

My preference is to have the SWUs post when the EQM/EQS counter is reset to 0, marking the beginning of a new leaf in my travel planning, and I seldom need to use more than 6 SWUs/yr. Early posting would mean early expiration date the following year...

21. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    The standard was that the 1K SWU were posted on 1/1. However a few years ago United started offering the choice of receiving the SWU upon hitting 1K or waiting for the traditional 1/1 deposit.

22. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I requalified for 1K on 12/21and the 6 SWUs just posted. There is no doubt that they will post sooner or later for everyone who earned the required EQM/EQS. I just looked at my upgrade summary and I think that the more interesting question now is when the SWUs that were just deposited would expire, because it does appear that the rule is that the SWUs will be awarded as soon as one hits 1K, and not on 01/01 as used to be the case. The 6 SWUs that were just deposited in my account will expire in 12/2012, whereas they would have expired on 01/2013 under the old rule. In fact, I have in inventory 1 SWU that was recently redeposited and this lone SWU will expire in 02/2012, meaning that ti is still under the old rule...

This change does not impact me much since I usually requalify at the end of the year (right about now) so that my 6 SWUs would usually be deposited about this time every year, with an expiration around the time of my last trips of the year. For those who hit 1K very early, there might be a problem....

23. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I crossed the 1K mark in October via linked CO/UA accounts. No 1K package or card ever arrived so just before Xmas I called UA and asked them to send me one. I was denied. I called back, asked a second agent and was told that since I made 1K via my linked accounts I wouldn't be getting any card or package. I pushed back and told them that when I linked the accounts originally and got 1P status on UA because of the link that I got the full 1P package. The phone agent was surprised but continued to deny me. I asked specificaly for them to send me a replacement 1K card only. She said OK. I'm still waiting for it but it's only 12/31...

-RM

theBOAT likes this.
  24. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    I crossed in November (or was is October....don't remember). I'm already 1K, only difference I got were the upgrade instruments deposits, no fanfare. That's perfectly fine with me, won't care about 1K Card logistics until my next European trip in March.

25. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    By the way, can a Milepoint Guide change THE TITLES OF THIS THREAD? It's a little distracting.

Rob likes this.