United Airlines Launches New Baggage Delivery Service

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sobore, Jan 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

United Airlines today launched a new baggage delivery option, enabling customers to have their checked bags delivered directly to their final destinations – within 100 miles of their arrival airports – and skip baggage claim upon arrival. Baggage delivery by BagsVIP will initially be available to customers departing from any domestic airport and arriving in Boston, Chicago, Honolulu, Houston, Los Angeles and Orlando. The airline plans to expand the service to more than 190 domestic airports in the coming months.

"United's new baggage delivery service offers an alternative for travelers who prefer the convenience of having their checked bags delivered directly to their homes, offices or hotels," said Tom O'Toole, United's senior vice president of marketing and loyalty. "Our customers have told us this type of option adds value to their travel experience."

Standard rates for bag delivery within a 40-mile radius are as follows:
    1 bag
    2 bags
    3-8 bags
    Delivery is available up to a 100-mile radius for an additional charge that varies by distance.

Read More: http://www.melodika.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=559286&Itemid=55
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

I assume that's just piggy-backing on their existing delivery-for-lost-bags system?
    Flyer1976 likes this.
  3. emwitty

emwitty Silver Member

I think if they believe there's a market for this, then, more power to them for offering it. My hopes are two: (1) that baggage doesn't start taking longer to reach the baggage carousel because of this option; and (2) that they will continue to deliver the delayed baggage using a courier and never see that as something I have to pay for.