United Airlines App Will Now Scan Your Passport

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Finally! One of the most frustrating things about international travel is the inability to check in due to your passport needing to be checked by an agent. When I travel by myself (internationally or domestically), I never check a bag and to be checking and be told that I need to complete check-in at the airport is not something I like (more time spent at the airport = less time home). That is about to change for United Airline passengers as they have updated their mobile app to allow it to scan your passport when checking in! Plus, once you have scanned it in, it will remember that you have scanned it and you will not need to do that next time. United is using a credentials management company (Jumio) on the backend to process and verify the validity of the passport. So, that means it is not really United’s IT handling it all the way through (which can be a good thing!). If you have ever had problems doing a mobile... The post United Airlines App Will Now Scan Your Passport appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...