United Airlines announces daily flights between Chicago and San Juan, Puerto Rico

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sobore, May 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.traveldailynews.com/news/article/54692/united-airlines-announces-daily-flights

United Airlines announced that it will begin daily flights from its hub at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport to the Luis Munoz Marin International Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico, on Nov. 5, 2013.

The flight will depart Chicago at 8:20 a.m., arriving in San Juan at 2:57 p.m. The return flight will depart San Juan at 3:55 p.m. and arrive in Chicago at 7:13 p.m. The route will be operated with Boeing 737-900 aircraft with seating for 20 in United First, 51 in Economy Plus and 96 in Economy. The airline also announced that it will add a second daily flight for the holiday season from Dec. 4 - Jan. 5.

Read More: http://www.traveldailynews.com/news/article/54692/united-airlines-announces-daily-flights

2. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good for cruise ship pax.

mtlfire and uggboy like this.
  3. Not for CNX pax most of whom cannot get to ORD w/o an overnight stop.

snap, Flyer1976, uggboy and 1 other person like this.
  4. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just checked.....ex YWG, the earliest flight to ORD is 6am with an arrival at 8:11 am. Not good from Winnipeg. At present, it requires 3 flights to SJU.

uggboy likes this.
  5. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure why the article is making it sound like a new route... I flew ORD-SJU-ORD last year in May on 757. Nonetheless, it is good to hear it is returning. It is always nice to have more choices.

6. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm doing just that... a little to early though, in September But good to know for the future.

7. at least there is a good CNX flight ex YUL at 6am arrival ORD 720am .

mtlfire likes this.
  8. Renard
    Original Member

Renard Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is pretty much is restarting this route. I remember flying non-stop (TED) ord-sju several times. I remember when they cut it and it didn't seem to make sense but I am not airline exec... it's not like there are a lot of iah-sju non-stops anymore that they could utilize to get connectors to SJU. Good to see it back.