United accelerator and Aegean mileage credits.

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by LarryInNYC, Jun 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a flight at the end of the week that will earn 2005 miles on Aegean and leave me at 19,528 miles with 472 miles required to reach Star Gold on Aegean.

If I were to "buy" miles with United via their accelerator option at check-in (if this is even available for the return leg of a round-trip, of which I'm not sure) would those miles apply if I then credited the flight to A3? I'm on a 50% earning fare, if the accelerator miles applied I assume it would also be at 50%?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nope...those miles only can credit to UA. And I'm pretty sure they are only offered if you have a UAMP# in the reservation.

mikeschu and traveltoomuch like this.
  3. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seth answered the substance, but I'll take the last one:

No. Typically accelerator miles post as advertised: they offer 3k, you get 3k. But keep in mind the difference between redeemable miles and elite/premier qualifying miles.

4. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. On the way out I got the offer (which I didn't accept) and then, on the next screen, the chance to change my FF #. Presumably if I had accepted the accelerator I would have skipped the "change your FF#" page.

Will have to come up with those 472 miles somewhere else.

5. mikeschu
    Original Member

mikeschu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct.

Also note that A3 credits per segment flown, not by total distance traveled. You may get the 500 you need by segments.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most FF programs credit miles by the segments you actually purchase and fly, with the exception of direct flights. Different routings can earn different numbers of miles on the same fair between the same city pairs.