United 787-800 Dreamliner Seat Selection

Discussion in 'SeatExpert' started by JonPal, Jan 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. JonPal
    Original Member

JonPal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone flown in E+ on United's 787? I have a flight from NRT to DEN in May and was trying to figure out if it was worth it to spend the money to upgrade to E+ for the flight. Currently in 23A & B but row 16 is completely open except for seats D & E so I was considering paying the $139 each to upgrade. I spoke with a UA rep and she said that row 23 has the same legroom as E+ because of its location?! She also said that row 16 does not have their own VOD screens because of the bulkhead. The three seats share one screen. Can anyone verify this information, please? This information seems inaccurate and I can't find anything online. Thanks in advance!

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know about the row 23 leg room, but the shared screen info is nonsense, so I would eat the row 23 info with a big lump of salt. The bulk head seats have their personal TVs in the armrests. And a bigger screen on the bulkhead that presumably shows the flight map and safety video (since you're technically not allowed to use the armrest screens during taxiing). On my flight the bulkhead screen didn't work.

Oh, and I did like the amount of leg room in row 16... shoulder-room not so much.

JonPal likes this.
  3. JonPal
    Original Member

JonPal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info! I heard about the shoulder-room issue. The 3-3-3 configuration is not ideal for the 787..... especially on a long-haul flight. I'll just have to remember to take my Happy Pills before flying!

4. Au4882

Au4882 Gold Member

Status Points:
    For that long of a flight, the e+ would probably be worth it. And row 16 does have significantly more legroom... it would be my choice for E+ seats if I could get an aisle or even window. Row 27 A-C and J-L have by far the most legroom on the plane, but you have to deal with the lavs, the galley, and with it being a congregation area during the flight. As stated, the TVs are in the armrest for bulkhead rows on the 788.

5. modhop

modhop Silver Member

Status Points: