United 777-200

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by kmann31, Dec 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. kmann31

kmann31 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am looking at booking a trip from OGG and the seat plan for the flight from ORD to HNL shows lie-flat seats in business class. I know that I have read on here that United was planning on changing their Hawaii lineup and that the lie flat seats would be disappearing on a lot of their flights to HNL from the states in the coming months. Should I wait to book to find out if this is going to happen, as I will only be booking in business class if we will be able to have the lie flat seats. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would assume that you will not have the beds and be pleasantly surprised if that is not the case. Chances of an aircraft swap are simply too high to bet on it any other way IMO.

gaijin62 likes this.
  3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked a LAX-HNL flight with flat beds in the seat map and got old style recliners. Not happy with that.

The 767-400s are all guaranteed lie flats, if you can find one, i'd take it. Might be a bit of backtracking to EWR for one. AA flies angled lie flats into OGG as well (just not out of ord)

4. kmann31

kmann31 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bummer-that's what I was afraid of. Don't know if it is worth the extra miles for not much of a difference from economy. Thanks!

5. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I see EWR-HNL in Sept is shown as lie flat. Are they getting rid of lie flat on that really long route too?

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The new Hawaiian config is still quite an upgrade from economy and even from typical domestic F. Dunno if that is worth the miles - very much a personal decision - but I would not classify it as "not much of a difference" at all.

7. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    As long as the aircraft operating the route stays a 767-400 then they won't change the hard product.

mht_flyer likes this.
  8. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks hopefully it stays that way. I just booked my sister and soon-to-be brother-in-law to HNL for their Honeymoon and got them on the UA nonstop out of EWR in "First" which shows as a 764 w/flat bed. I have to think given that flight is very long they will probably keep that config.... hopefully... :)