United 767-300 - is exit aisle seats better than premium economy seats?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by zenNJ, Jan 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. zenNJ

zenNJ Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am booked on CO 978 (operated by United Airline) flying out of EWR to Zurich this wednesday and right now I am holding exit aisle 20J which according to seatguru is a good seat. But on the seatmap provided by Continental, it indicates that seat 20J, like 19J or 21J which are both tagged as exit aisle and so have extra legroom but they also have the (limited recline) in parenthesis. I know usually 19J (first row of exit aisle) usually has limited or no recline but generally the 2nd row reclines normally. Continental seat map shows the rest of the E+ seats (row 22 to row 29 onward) as extra legroom but no "limited recline" disclaimer.

Has anyone flown in the 767-300 configuration and can shed some light on which seats are better?

2. beach1103

beach1103 Silver Member

Status Points:
    saw the same thing as I am booked on a 767-300 next month. I am in 20J as well. I have sat in that seat before and found it not be a "limited recline" seat. If you go to the seat map on UA it shows rows 19 and 20 to be the exit rows and not row 21 (as the CO seat map shows). Personally, I would take seat 20J for any flight that I wasnt sitting in Business or First in on the 767-300. Hope that helps....

sobore likes this.
  3. beach1103

beach1103 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just happened to look at the CO site for that plane and it says that all seats in the "Economy Plus" section of the plane for that flight are "Limited Recline" which isnt true.....I would trust the UA site for this plane (since it is their metal).

4. zenNJ

zenNJ Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for your help. Will find out this week how the seats are :)

5. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Row 20 has more legroom and has the recline. Row 19 has a little less room due to the bulkhead, and limited recline. Also row 19 is closer to the galley/lavs.

I'd stick with row 20.

6. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seat 20A is the best Y seat period (if you like to lean to your left to sleep). Plenty of room to cross my legs, and i'm 6'2". If I can't get a SWU to clear, this is the only option I can handle.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  7. zenNJ

zenNJ Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks. I usually prefer aisle seats though for longer flights just so I can get up and stretch and use the facilities without disturbing the guy next to me. But it is a 2 seater configuration on the aisle, so hmmm.

AZjohn likes this.
  8. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am usually a window person but on the UA 767's prefer the aisle in the exit rows as the windows only get a partial armrest...

(I believe this issue exists on the 757 too but it's been awhile since I've been back there)

AZjohn likes this.
  9. beach1103

beach1103 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Being left handed....I always try to get a seat on the aisle on the right hand side of the plane....6'5" and would take row 20 any day if a SWU doesn't clear too!

AZjohn likes this.
  10. tim4877

tim4877 New Member

Status Points:
    I'm booked on UA904 direct EWR > IST on B763 in late August 2012. This 763 is the "international" config according to SeatGuru with 19 and 20 as exit rows. As discussed above, the United website indicates 'limited recline' for both exit rows of 19 and 20, but I would expect limited recline only in 19. AZJohn, will 20K or 20A definitely recline fully? If so, why are they $10 cheaper than other window seats in Prem Economy? I'm 6'4", so I appreciate the extra legroom from the exit row, but with limited recline maybe that's not worth it?

11. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Tim,
    Thought I would reply to this thread in addition to your PM.
    Yes, 20 A, B, J, and K recline all the way back (as much as Y does), 19 A, B, J, and K do not recline very much at all and those are also bulkheads, which means they have a bit more leg room then regular E+ but your feet have nowhere to go and you can't stick anything under a seat in front of you.
    I personally like 20 A as there is not only a lot of leg space but also I can lean into the side of the wall with my pillow and sleep,
    Why are 20 A and K are $10 cheaper then 19? This newUA have done a lot of things lately that I can't explain or think of any reason they would do it :rolleyes:
    John

goalie and sobore like this.
  12. tim4877

tim4877 New Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, John! I went with 20A...

AZjohn likes this.
  13. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    100% agreed on the legroom, bulkhead and recline issue tho I prefer the aisles as to me the window seats can be a bit chilly and as to the very last part of your post.....e pluribus unum ;)

AZjohn likes this.
  14. SLOMIKE

SLOMIKE Active Member

Status Points:
    Any change on whether row 20 still is full recline? Going from IAD-GVA in September. Paid $119 for 23jk. Should I jump to 20jk?