United 747-400 BIZ seating on upper deck

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Jane Chan, Feb 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jane Chan

Jane Chan Member

Status Points:
    Hope the question goes here. I am booked for SFO to ICN on United 747-400 BIZ class. My seat is 15k. I would like to know which of the following seat number has a greater gap between the window and seat so I can squeeze in around the back of the seat instead of hopping over my seat mate:

14A, 14K, 15A or 15K

I am 5 feet tall, 100lbs and athletic.

Thanks in advance

2. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    14K is going to have the flight attendant jump seats behind it so it might be difficult trying to get out from there.

15A or 15K might work.

3. Jane Chan

Jane Chan Member

Status Points:
    Is there a landing area behind 15A and 15K so that the back of the seat won't be against the back of the seat in the row in front (14K or 14A)? If so, will the trolley cart be there?

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    The emergency exits are between rows 14 and 15. See seatguru seat map.

I have no idea if you can squeeze between the seat frame and the window (climb over the storage box?). I don't find it particularly difficult to "vault" over the aisle-seat person, so I haven't even considered alternate routes :)

5. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    It really isn't that difficult to vault over the seat. You'll also cause less suspicions by going this way.

6. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've gone around the side in 15K to avoid going over my seatmate. At 5'9" and 140lbs, it was a bit of a tight squeeze, but manageable. At 5' and 100lbs, you should have no issues at all. As stated, the emergency exit is there and I've not ever seen a cart left in that space, so you should be ok, as there is a TON of room (several feet between rows 15 and 14).

Jane Chan likes this.
  7. Jane Chan

Jane Chan Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the reassurance. I guess I have to maintain my weight till December . And still exercise a bit.

BTW, I am not Jane. I am Sil for the record.