United 1K service desk changes

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Murman, Apr 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Murman

Murman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is any one else being routed to an off shore call center instead of US based customer service as with the old United? Having qualified agents speaking american english and understanding the questions was one of the benefits of 1K status I especially appreciated.

However, all recent calls to the 1K line have been answered by english speakers who have difficulty understanding what should be obvious questions and situations from frequent flyers.

Two weeks ago while on the road, I called again to ask about delivery of the 2012 1K card and was told it had been sent and should be at the office any day. Not having received it, I called today for status, and was asked if I had "requested" a card, a total lack of comprehension. After explaining, I was told a card would be mailed in two weeks.

No I never did receive the sticker that was supposed to have been sent in December. I did request and receive an email confirmation to carry on the February trip to Vietnam to show other Star Alliance carriers as status confirmation. *G confirmation being required to acess the lounges.

In addition, the emails are not being answered (other questions and comments, such as a dufflebag left in the rain at LAX transfer to PSP arriving soaked). Other than the automatic acknowledgement email, all communication to the 1K email has yet to receive a response.

Maybe the overload is being picked up by the usual call centers in Asia, but it seems to me this is not the way to maintain frequent flyers during the transition.

Maybe the UA observer who monitors milepoint will pick up on this and let us know what is going on.

Infinite1K likes this.
  2. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Post 3/3, I have had both non-US based call centers as well as agents that appeared to be complete rookies and putting me on hold every step of the way as they checked with someone else.

3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    mostly the last few days I've been getting competent agents, but on lots of other calls I've had trainees who tell me stuffbthatbisn't so:(

4. RRK

RRK Silver Member

Status Points:

I am so glad that I am not the only one who is still waiting for the new 2012 1K card. Same issues, calling the old 1K desk phone number is a waste .... ( the card is in the mail !!! ) ..... Its April 6 and I wonder if they mailed the card from Mars ..... several e-mail attempts to the 1 K address were never answered .... it is so very frustrating. It seems that CO management has completely lost control over the merge and especially lost interest in old united loyal customers.

5. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know what information UA can track in Shares. I know that in a res system I used to work in, every one who *opened* a booking, even if they didn't modify it, was logged so any other agent could see it. Sometimes this would lead to :rolleyes: when a TA would call in, leave a message for "their" agent on a call, then call back into the general queue 10 minutes later when they didn't have the confirmation re-sent (even though the same agent was still on the same call and hadn't opened the booking yet).

It's also possible it's a US agent that you're talking to, but one hired primarily for their non-English skills who got put in the wrong queue by mistake.

I think it'd be worthwhile writing note to United with booking #, date and time of the call, and a summary of the issue you had with the agent.