Union Calls For Strike At Frankfurt Airport

Discussion in 'FRA | Frankfurt International Airport' started by uggboy, Feb 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Union Calls For Strike At Frankfurt Airport

Newscience likes this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting, uggboy! There have been a number of labor disputes affecting the airlines in Germany in the recent past, and also at Lufthansa Airlines.

The most recent was a call for an airline pilots strike:
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304626804579362484104379634

FWIW, I experienced one of the Verdi union's one-day strikes first-hand while in Istanbul last year. All the Lufthansa check-in terminals at IST were closed that day, and the sole LH window open handed me a Turkish Airlines ticket to return back to the states.

The "silver lining" from this flight was that it was direct from IST to IAD. A bear of a long flight in coach seating, but it was also nice to not have the 7-hour wait or so between flights in FRA. The Turkish Airlines flight attendants were superb - and I also learned that even the coach passengers on THY receive an amenities kit, choice of free drinks, and plenty of smiles! :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing your first hand experience here on MP with us. Glad everything worked out for your at the time. :)

Newscience likes this.