Unclaimed Baggage

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by genemk2, Feb 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know what happens (apart from the risk of theft) if you fail to collect your checked bags from the baggage carousel immediately after the flight? I am landing in DEN and have to wait 2 hours for some other folks to arrive and I would prefer to work in the UC, rather than in the arrivals concourse. Has anyone done this before?

2. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    The baggage desk will grab the bag and store it in (or near) the baggage claim office. Then you can go with your claim check and get it.

Wandering Aramean and genemk2 like this.
  3. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bad idea-- unless you don't want to see your bags again.

DTWBOB

4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm 100% in picking up my bags in the baggage claim office, however it may be smart to avoid this. I did not get a sense of any organization as I searched for my bag in a large messy pile.

genemk2 and uggboy like this.
  5. downhillcrasher

downhillcrasher Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a friend who did this at DEN a few years back, by the time he made it to baggage claim another passenger had inadvertently taken his bag and gone to Vail with it. He got it back, thankfully, but it was a giant pain. My advice, pick up your bag and wait outside security. DEN's terminal is a fairly decent place to wait.

genemk2 likes this.
  6. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I've done this before when meeting people with no major issues. That said, it was at a smaller station. I would be VERY concerned that the bag would get misplaced at DEN.

genemk2 likes this.