Unable to book Aegean flights on its web site from North America

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by Canadi>n, Aug 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or at least from Canada. I tried to book some flights on Aegean using the English-language web site and got all the way through to completing the payment screen and entering, only to be instructed that my reservation could not be completed online and I should call the Greek res number! Has anyone else in North America experienced the same issue? (BTW ended up booking my flights on Orbitz. Curiously Expedia didn't even show the A3 flights that came up on the A3 and Orbitz sites.)

Also discovered Ultra Discount Economy fares (U) don't earn miles in MileagePlus but do in Aeroplan (at least at 50% or 250 minimum miles).

2. notbgates
    Original Member

notbgates Silver Member

Status Points:
    They don't / won't / can't answer (english language) emails either, in my experience (using the link in their own website!).

But of course, YMMV.

3. PVDtoDEL

PVDtoDEL Active Member

Status Points:
    Nonsense, they have answered every English email I have written to them very professionally and in a timely manner (within 2 or 3 weeks is timely for an Indian :p)

4. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same with my email to them. Got a courteous personal response to my request to add my AE account number to my reservation.

5. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep. Both them and TAP. Phone calls handled quickly and efficiently. Apparently they don't like US-based credit cards through their site.