Un-issued ticket

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by igloocoder, Feb 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    I called into AC/AP today to setup some row 1 seats on the DH3 so that The Charming +1 wouldn't have to be a contortionist with her full leg brace. When I get through to the AP, they say "Oh, you can't get row one from us, but since you're an SE try calling AC and get them to give you those seats." Right-o, they transfer me to AC and I promptly get disconnected.

So I call the SE line, gave them my booking reference and asked if the seats were available. The SE desk agent says to me "Oh, this ticket hasn't been issued yet. You'll need to talk to AP to get that taken care of. Let me transfer you." A quick thank you and 3 minutes of music later I once again get disconnected.

So I call up AP again and explain the situation to the agent. Her reply was that I had outstanding fees that needed paying. I explained that I had paid fees 2x and once I shouldn't have (schedule change removing class of service from our flight). She asked when the ticket had been booked (May 2010) and then spoke with the ticketing desk. Within 20 minutes it was all sorted out and we had our tickets issued.

My questions to you, oh wise ones, are these:
    1. We booked the ticket in May of 2010 and last modified it in October. Does a booking (or modified) booking get missed for ticket issuance often?
    2. What would have happened on the date of our first flight when we showed up at the airport to check-in had I not stumbled upon this and had it fixed?
    My thank to be repaid in 'coon food or traps, your choice.

2. todd-r
    Original Member

todd-r Active Member

Status Points:
    If you show up at the airport to check-in with only a rez and an unissued ticket, the AC Agent will refer you back to place of purchase to sort it out- in your case, Aeroplan.

3. janyyc
    Original Member

janyyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah. Had this happen in Osaka when flying LH F. They couldn't get our boarding passes from our 120K RTW booking. Turned out AP hadn't issued the tickets. OK, no problem, the LH girls were really nice. They call AP and AP says that we have outstanding taxes. This really made me super-mad :mad: I had called (wasted my time in the mean-time) AP twice and asked specifically if "all fees are paid for", because they had promised me to call me after the ticket had been issued, which they didn't do... :( :mad:

4. todd-r
    Original Member

todd-r Active Member

Status Points:
    So, you had to pay them on the spot?

5. janyyc
    Original Member

janyyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, we didn't have to in the end... :)