Ultimate rewards question?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by free67spirit, Mar 23, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. free67spirit

free67spirit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Purchasing a new refrigerator today. I have the chase ink. The plan is to go to Officemax online and purchase gift cards then go back into ultimate rewards and order through Lowe's website. Many times I have read that this will count as 5x even though I am buying a gift card. When I went through the portal there was a disclaimer that stated you can not get it for gift cards. Do I need to go to the store or does it work anyway? Patiently waiting and thank you!

Mrlasssen likes this.
  2. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Please don't forget (or ignore) weighing any protections your credit card might give you (extended warranty, price protection, etc.) against the potential savings you might get on such a large purchase. Lowe's in-store, too, will give you a military discount if you are eligible, which would offset all of those iffy savings.

misterbwong and satman40 like this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Buy the movers coupon from eBay, and a get 10 off, go to OD get the HIGC,get 5 X with your INK, and forget the extended warranty.

White Goods just don't have a lot of problems, after the first year...
    Extend warranties are a real rip off, and I have rentals..

4. free67spirit

Status Points:
    I have the 10% coupon. When I went on Officemax online it said that it does not count for gift cards. Has anyone had an experience using the ink and not getting the 5x.

satman40 likes this.
  5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a Lowe's AR account so get 5% off all the time...
    The 10% coupon is for Lowe's not OM,
    The INK only give 1X, and you will see 4X on the statement when you get your bill, good for 50,000 in charges a year, after that you will need another INK Card.
    Any questions feel free to ask.
    I also pay my LAR bill with the HIGC, so I can buy GC at Lowe's, of Amazon or any other retailer, or place to eat.

Hope this helps..

6. free67spirit

Status Points:
    I know-I bought Lowes gift cards from staples-everyone here says you will get 5x for office supplies. then I will go through ur to purchase at lowes using 10% off and get 5x again. I was concerned because when I went thru ur for the purchase of the gift card at staples it stated I would not get 5x for the gift card.

7. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like the UR is selling the GC, I BUY HIGC from OD, UR can not give you 10 off at Lowes,

KISS too many hands in the game,

One 5X and 10 is fine with me, we work 5 Ink Cards and never had a problem,