Ultimate Rewards Mall: how often do earnings change?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Jan 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't really paid too much attention to the earnings changes at the UR mall since most of my online purchases are on Amazon. But now I have a few coming up where I might go through the mall, and some like a Lenovo laptop might actually be worth a few thousand points. I thought a few weeks ago Lenovo was offering 2 pts/$, but when I just checked, it was only 1 pt/$. Does anyone track the changes popular merchants to get an idea of how they change over time?

2. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    During the holidays things were fluctuation quite a bit. I think things will settle down now, though with that said I there is some amount of crap shoot to it all.

3. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    It seems to me that most vendors have a base earning rate (often just 1 pt/$), but some have periodic bonuses. For instance, bn.com and kohls have a base rate at 6pts/$, but I often see them as high as 10pts/$. They always seem to be different, though, so I think the earning rates can fluctuate quite a bit depending on the vendor.

4. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have noticed them going down recently from many retailers, but it could just be that the holidays inflated the amounts. My memory doesn't go far enough back than to remember before the holidays. I guess we will see what happens over the course of this year. I hate when they go down though!

YULtide likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Naaa... I just hate when they go up right after I spend money at one of the stores.

infamousdx and yaychemistry like this.
  6. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    It seems like they change on a month to month basis, but that's just me generally noticing my top retailers. I'm sure, like airline inventory, they can change at any given time.