Ultimate Rewards Bonus Points Clarification

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by ColoradoGirl1213, Jun 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ColoradoGirl1213

ColoradoGirl1213 Member

Status Points:
    Hello! I'm new to MilePoint and earning points in general. I just recently got the Chase Sapphire Preferred card and had a question about earning points by shopping through the Ultimate Rewards mall.

When I make a purchase in the Ultimate Rewards mall, is the points bonus in addition to the 1 point per doller I get on the actual purchase, or is this the new amount? For example, say I spend $100 at Bed Bath and Beyond online (currently 2 extra points per doller). Will I essentially be getting 3 pts per dollar (300 pts) or just 2 pts per dollar (200 pts)

If yes, then I'm assuming this is not the case for the bonus categories for the card (2X pts on travel and restaurants).

I'm sure this is a silly question, but thanks for your patience with a newbie!

2. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm pretty sure it would be a total of 3 points.

3. rockyrock

rockyrock Silver Member

Status Points:
    300 pts is what you should expect.

If you spend $100 at a restaurant, you should get 200 pts. Is that what you are looking for?

I suppose if you port through the UR Mall to travelocity (2x) and use your CSP (2x) to book you should get 4x. I may be interpreting the rules wrong... no worries, someone will catch me if so.

Good question!

4. ariosto

ariosto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Correct i have used travelocity and total was 4X. 2X for travel + 2X for bonus

5. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Indeed. Going through the UR mall, I use Expedia to purchase air tickets frequently. Doing so generates 3 UR points per dollar spent (2 points for a travel-related purchase and the 1 bonus point for making the purchase at Expedia through the mall).

I have found the UR mall to be a nice, and reliable, way to juice my UR returns.

rockyrock likes this.
  6. rockyrock

rockyrock Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really like it b/c if you have another card that will reap you more rewards you can still get UR point bonus. I just booked a Marriott stay with my Marriott Visa. That's 5x Marriott points and 2x UR points; I could have gotten 2x UR for travel but in this case I value the MR slightly more.