UK Prepaid Phone with data

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by manfromkrypton, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am heading to the UK next week for about a month. I currently have the t-mobile g2, and it is unlocked (i tested with an ATT sim card). When I am in the UK, I dont want to pay data roaming. I was thinking of getting a local SIM card with prepaid minutes and data. I can easily find the pre-paid SIM for voice plans, but am having trouble finding one with data.

Thoughts from folks on here? Any recommendations?

Cholula likes this.
  2. O2 has some good deals in the UK.
    On my last trip I got a microsim for my Iphone 4 and for 30 pounds it gave me unlimited data for the month.
    But then Vodafone will have a similar deal.

3. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    I dodn't find any unlimited data on Vodafone (at least prepaid).

You can get 500MB when topping off your account with 10GBP - see Vodafone Freebies. The SIM card itself is free.

Also you can get an internet dongle with 2GB for 30 days, but I am not sure that SIM card works in mobile phones, and even if it does, you will not be able to place calls.

asmithLHR likes this.
  4. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    If it's a regular SIM, and you're planning on staying within cities rather than the middle of nowhere, my first choice would be 3. Otherwise, Vodafone or Orange.