UK Only Promotion: Complimentary First Class Upgrades from J Class

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Sep 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    For the UK passengers who have been upset about the lack of promo "love" for non-US residents, here's something for you!

LINK.

Enjoy a complimentary one-way upgrade to First Class* when you purchase a round trip Business Class ticket on a transatlantic flight. The upgrade is available on your outbound or return journey and you'll earn First Class AAdvantage® bonus miles on your upgraded flight.

Our First Class Flagship Suite® is a relaxed haven where you'll find unprecedented levels of privacy, attentive service and space to work or sleep.

Enjoy a superb five course meal with fine wines and relax with an extensive choice of entertainment options on your personal video screen. When you're ready, change into your complimentary pyjamas and turn your personal space into a fully flat 6'6" bed with a mattress topper and a soft cotton duvet.

Terms & Conditions:

1. This promotion is only open to residents in the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over ("Participants"). American Airlines, Inc ("AA") reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Participants. There is no limit to the number of times a Participant may take advantage of this offer during the Promotional Period
    2. Participants who book and travel on qualifying Business Class AA/AA* flights to certain US and/or Mexico routes during the Promotional Period will qualify for a one-way upgrade to First Class on one transatlantic leg of that journey at no extra cost. Travel must be booked by 15th December 2011; upgrade is subject to availability at time of booking. Travel must be completed by 16th December 2011. ("the Promotional Period").
    3. Participants must request the upgrade at the time of booking. The upgrade can be taken on either the outbound or return sector. Return bookings where travel starts and ends at the same UK airport but where the outbound destination and inbound departure airports are different (open jaws) are permitted. The upgrade is valid on eligible flights that have a First Class cabin.
    4. Participants who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for an upgrade unless their revised travel arrangements also qualify under the terms of this promotion. Changes and fees are subject to fares rules of purchased fares.
    5. Upgrade is valid on AA/AA* flights that operate with a First Class cabin. If the aircraft has to be substituted for one which does not have a First Class cabin, participants will be seated, subject to availability, in Business Class.
    6. Certain routes may be excluded from this promotion. Routes may be withdrawn from this promotion at any time without notice and certain excluded routes may in fact be eligible for this promotion.
    7. American Airlines accepts no responsibility for an inability to take up this offer if seats in 'A' class are not available on a given date within the Promotional Period.
    8. American reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this promotion, without notice, in the event of major catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of American Airlines.
    9. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, deal or promotion including but not limited to : (i) negotiated "net" corporate fares; (ii) redemption bookings; (iii) travel agent discounted fares, inclusive holidays, group discount fares, child/infant fares or senior citizen fares; or (iv) bookings made with vouchers or coupons; (v) the offer is not available on-line.
    10. All travel must start and finish in the UK. All tickets must be purchased and ticketed in the UK.
    11. No upgrades are available on connecting flights, transfers or add-ons, or any other non-qualifying flights, which the Participant may wish to take. Upgrades may not be requested at the airport.
    12. AAdvantage miles will be awarded for the cabin flown in.
    13. No booking fee applies through AA reservations. Travel agent credit card charges may apply.
    14. On refundable tickets, the maximum refund will be the amount actually paid. Upgrades are not transferable and no cash or credit alternative will be offered.
    15. The Promoter is: American Airlines, Inc., 23-59 Staines Road, Hounslow, Middlesex TW3 3HE.
    16. This promotion will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.

JohnDeere19 and rwoman like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing! :)

JohnDeere19 and DestinationDavid like this.
  3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Interestingly you're the exact person I was thinking of when I saw this. ;)

Are you eligible?

JohnDeere19 and rwoman like this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    haha! :) I don't think so - while I live here, I am still a US resident...just booked my trip at the end of Oct on DL and the government is paying for my AA trip to BOS in November. At least with the BOS trip I can use the EU11 promo! :) I'll probably be on AA at Christmas, but this offer ends 16 Dec.

Thanks again!

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  5. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    UK residents only...rough. rwoman...couldn't you temporarily move ;)?

6. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, my physical address is a proper UK address...but everything else is US. ;)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  7. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yay!!! One for this side of the pond.