(UK offer) 22,000 MR points available for new Amex Gold card, NO CARD FEE !

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by billybab, Jul 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. billybab

billybab Member

Status Points:
    American express has a time limited referral offer that allows current cardholders to refer new card holders for the American Express Gold card. The BIG THING about this is that American express will waive the £125 annual fee for the first year. Once you spend £1,000 on the card in the first 3 months, you'll get 22,000 American express reward points.

So simply put, if you have a £1,000 spend coming up in the next few months, don't currently have an amex credit/charge card, then apply using the link below, and you get 22K MR points for absolutely no cost at all. Once you have the MR points, you can transfer them into any number of frequent flyer programs, such as BA avios, Cathay Pacific, SAS, Virgin, all on a 1-1 basis. As an example 22K avios miles can be used to book multiple "reward saver" flights, and in fact if you went to purchase 22K avios from BA.com they would cost you over £300 (and that's including their current 30% bonus offer).
    Click the link below, and check out the terms and conditions, which confirm the waiving of the annual fee, and the 22K bonus points.

https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/mgm/friendgold.cgi?MGM_URN=AAAAEhwTHRETCQ==&om_rid=NtPXiN&om_mid=_BPyD5AB8aLFhGu&om_lid=amex9

For disclosure, note that I get points for successful application made via the referral link above, however also note that if you go directly to the American Express website to apply for this card, you will only get 20K MR sign-up bonus points. It is only via referral that you can get 22K sign-up bonus points. So going via my referral link is a genuine advantage to you over a direct application.

You can check out my blog, charting my challenge:-
    The goal would be to have an extremely high standard holiday, using the loyalty programs to ensure the cost is only a fraction of what it would be if I was paying "straight"

www.goingonrewards.com

2. billybab

billybab Member

Status Points:
    This offer has changed a little since I last posted, you now need to spend £2000 in the first 3 months. However it is still an absolute no brainer for anyone that has that level of spend coming up, as the card is totally free.

My referral link for you to get 22K points (going direct only gets you 20K points) is below:-

https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/mgm/friendgold.cgi?MGM_URN=AAAAEhwTHRETCQ==&om_rid=NtPXiN&om_mid=_BPyD5AB8aLFhGu&om_lid=amex9

For disclosure, note that I get points for successful application made via the referral link above, however also note that if you go directly to the American Express website to apply for this card, you will only get 20K MR sign-up bonus points. It is only via referral that you can get 22K sign-up bonus points. So going via my referral link is a genuine advantage to you over a direct application.

You can check out my blog, charting my challenge:-
    The goal would be to have an extremely high standard holiday, using the loyalty programs to ensure the cost is only a fraction of what it would be if I was paying "straight"

www.goingonrewards.com