UK Citizens/Residents: Support the right to opt out of x-ray whole body scanners within the UK

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by PhlyingRPh, Aug 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    As things stand today, if one is selected for the nude-o-scope while attempting to exit the UK, there is no provision to opt out. About the best you can do is decline screening, rebook for another day and try your luck again.

There's a petition on the government's e-petition website that addresses this concern, and it's vitally important that 100,000 individuals sign this petition by sometime next Spring. The 100,000 signatures will of course make it possible that parliament will discuss this outrageous situation.

I believe my local MP, Rt. Hon. Tom Brake, would be supportive of this but I imagine the depth of involvement very much depends on the number of signatures collected. So, if you are a UK citizen languishing in the US, a US citizen currently resident in the UK, or represent any other permutation that is elligible to sign a UK Government e-ballott, I urge you to do so at the government e-petitions website.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/845

2. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    177 signatures, 99,823 more to go. Come on folks, pull your finger(s) out! Let's get this thing DONE.