UK- 42,000 Bonus Miles for AMEX Platinum Referral

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by BAFlyer2012, Feb 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. BAFlyer2012

BAFlyer2012 Member

Status Points:
    Hi All, American Express have a fantastic offer of 42,000 Bonus miles for taking out their Platinum Chargecard, when you are referred by an existing cardholder.
    As a UK Platinum Cardholder myself, i would be very happy to refer anyone who is considering or would like to take out a Platinum card, feel free to PM me with your email address and i will send you the referral link. I also will gain some bonus miles from referring you so it works well for us both.

Here's some info on the American express Platinum Card =

www.americanexpress.com/uk/platinum-card/

I have held the Platinum card for over a year now and travel several times a month and can honestly say it is a brilliant thing and an absolute must if you travel regularly. It is not a credit card, just a chargecard(with no limit) so 30 days with no interest, you just clear down every month, and for the £300 annual fee you get The two free Prestige level priority pass cards (Highest level, worth £259 per card), worlds best travel insurance(also covers your spouse when travelling with you), Hilton Gold Status (and equivalent with Raddison, Starwood, Hertz and others) 24-7 concierge free of charge (i have used this to arrange gifts for interntational business clients, booking tickets to sold our concerts and to get tables at restaurants with several month waiting lists), and access to Amex fine hotels of the world programme (5* hotels for phenomenal rates aswell as AMEX only benefits such as complimentary room upgrades and guaranteed early check in and 4pm checkout), aswell as perks like fast track airport security at Toronto airport just for showing your Platinum card make this a great thing to have.

BA also regularly run offers exclusively for Amex Platinum CardHolders whereby you can exchange your AMEX miles at 2 for 1 for BA Miles with no upper limit, so those 42,000 are actually worth 84,000 miles (approximately a complementary business class return ticket to NY)!

I honestly cannot recommend this more highly to anyone.

If you'd like the bonus 42,000 miles and are UK based, please PM me and i'll happily send you the referral link - i have already done for several others on the forum.

Any questions on the card, happy to help

Best wishes.

2. can i have the link

3. BAFlyer2012

BAFlyer2012 Member

Status Points:
    Hi Daniel, sure no problem and thanks for the PM Also - i've just emailed you the referral email to get the 42,000 miles.

Best wishes,
    Rod.

4. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gotta love that the UK and Canadian offers always seem to be at un-even mile numbers. I'd understand if they were converting currency and wanted to make these equivalent to US offers, or if they were awarding Kilometres instead of Miles, but here, why 42K?

5. BAFlyer2012

BAFlyer2012 Member

Status Points:
    Hey Schnitzel, thats a good point and i'm no sure why the number of 42,000 bonus miles specifically, but guess we're lucky the UK as it is currently a really fanastic incentive to sign up!

Best,
    Rod.

schnitzel likes this.
  6. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes- no question that's a pretty good offer. Besides the perks, how useful is an Amex for charging over there? I always find it a problem to use Amex outside the US, and I often don't even bother to carry one.

7. BAFlyer2012

BAFlyer2012 Member

Status Points:
    Its very widely accepted but as always with AMEX not always - Travel wise all of the major hotel chains take Amex, car rental companies/ all train stations& London underground etc take it, all petrol stations, supermarkets etc no problem at all.

Hotel wise, all the major chains take them, aswell as all the spa breaks etc. Infact in the UK the American Express Fine Hotels Programme really excels - they have a huge number of Spa's, castles and London hotels on their fine hotels programme which gets you very discounted rates, guaranteed room upgrade and 4pm late checkout, aswell as a perk which is usually a spa treatment or afternoon tea. You may well fine the smaller B&B's do not take AMEX but ive not come across that.

Restaurant wise, this is much more of a mixed bag, the fine dining / Michelin restaurants will mostly all take them, but less high end restaurants generally wont.

Bar/club wise - as far as London is concerned in my experience is also fairly mixed although the higher end clubs/ cocktails bars usually will, the pubs/ east London ie Shoreditch etc generallly wont.

Shopping wise, all the major high street chains will take them and all over London no problem at all and cinemas etc also all take them.

So overall, i'd definately say bring it with you, 90% of the time you'll find it will be accepted, generally where it is not will be eating and drinking out.

Hope that helps!

8. Pea

Pea New Member

Status Points:
    Hi BA flyer, I would be grateful for a referral please! Thanks!

9. BAFlyer2012

BAFlyer2012 Member

Status Points:
    Hi Pea, no problem at all very happy to refer you as i have done for several other members. If you can send me a private message with your email address i shall send you the American express referral email right away.

Best Wishes,
    Rod.

10. BAFlyer2012

BAFlyer2012 Member

Status Points:
    Hi All, very happy to continue to refer anyone who is planning to Apply for a UK Amex card for the 42,000 miles referral bonus, just PM your email address and I'll send over the referral email.

Best wishes,
    Rod

11. Price123

Price123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am also happy to refer (PM me) - have had the card a few years now. Worth it if you travel extensively in economy, or use the FHR program. Currently we keep it for the travel insurance, car hire excess insurance and access to 4030 restaurant, which is usually private members only.

Not sure why we have 3 similar threads on this - maybe they should be merged?​