UDU Question - Premier Exec -

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by catgirl, Jun 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have a question on UDU and Premier Exec status. I know the UDU order (and tie breakers - status, fare class, date ticketed, OLCI), however, does UA or the system know if you are a 1P who has flown 75K+ miles versus a 1P is between 50K and 74,999K? Does that have an impact on the UDU order?

Would a 1P who has flown less than 75K miles (or status matched to 1P and on a challenge) be upgraded before me if we are booked in the same fare class but their ticket was ticketed 2 mins before mine was? I am the 1P who has flown more than 75K and by the time we take the trip, I will be 2,400 miles away from 1K and I will hit 1K during the run.

Thanks for your input. :)

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The 75K level doesn't exist yet so it doesn't matter for your UDU priority. It will matter starting next year according to the announced plans of the company.

3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe there is a difference based on mileage. However, this is the last consideration (after elite tier and fare class, for example). My own confirmation of this is that my girlfriend and I have the same elite status, and even when we book separate tickets and check in at about the same time, I am always in front of her on the upgrade list, because I have more miles than she.

4. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I am helping a friend of mine status match to UA and I have pretty much done all of the leg work and laid it out exactly for her (which took quite a bit of time). I think I would be a little upset if she were on the upgrade list ahead of me because her ticket was ticked 2 mins before mine, lol. If we do clear upgrades, I want to clear first, hehehe. But obviously would like both of us to clear. :)

But, I do have a lot more miles on UA than she will at the time, so hopefully that will add me ahead of her on the list.

5. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    What miles are you talking about, current year status miles, current redeemable miles, lifetime status miles?

6. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    All of the above. LOL She doesn't have any miles on UA yet. If UA accepts her challenge for 1P, that is when she will start acquiring miles on UA. She currently posts to another carrier.

I post everything to UA/CO. Actually nothing to CO yet - all UA.

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Check your ticket numbers; I bet yours is lower. Plus, "about the same time" is quite different from actually at the same time. Both ticket purchases and check-ins are processed serially so someone will always be first.
    Well, those are the rules so get ready to deal with it.

8. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    That was said more tonge in cheek than anything. But...you can't blame me, lol. :)

9. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Talk more about the ticket numbers, please. Are you suggesting that those with higher priority (in whatever form) will have a lower ticket number, or that ticket number will be lower based on time of purchase? And what impact does having a lower ticket have on upgrade priority? Do I need to start sneaking peeks at other people's BPs??? ;)

10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'm suggesting that ticket number of two people on otherwise identical tickets (same status and fare code) will indicate which was purchased first which is one of the tie-breakers involved AFAIK. The other possibility is name.

Otherwise ticket number doesn't mean much.

11. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I traveled for business with my uncle, same status, same fare class, same routing, KAS/G would always clear before KAS/K. :D

12. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Have exactly the same experience with my #1 1K GF (okay, she's 1P now)

She had just a couple more flights than I did last year and was always upgraded first, same tickets, same current status, (well, except for my near 8 years as 1K and 910 lifetime miles) but she always came out first if we were on a split ticket. (which we had to do often with so many appreciation certs)

13. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wandering Aramean may still be correct; he has much more experience than I. But at least our two unofficial experiments agree. I'm sure this is almost never an issue, so perhaps we're imagining it. As long as I come out first in my imagination :D