Uber Owie

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by mdtravel, Sep 28, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I see almost as many Uber related articles from the Boarding Area, First2Board, etc. bloggers as what I do lists of top 10 credit cards. I haven't seen any of those folks, who of course always include their referral links, write about the Uber driver taking a hammer to his passengers.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/26/uber-driver-hammer-attack/16313267/

Personally, Uber is ok to me. I've had one ride in which I literally got taken for a ride (and got $5.00 for the 15 mile bad route) and several other rides that were simply ok. I've never had a ride that I have said was good...or better than a regular old cab ride.

iolaire likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is a spectacular service if you are never actually paying for a ride. ;)

3. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's exactly what I thought.

4. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it can be both good or bad... not too unlike what you get with a cabbie. Depends on the driver.

5. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've only used Uber twice - to and from IST and the Park Hyatt Macka Palace. Both times it was a brand new E-class Mercedes with a well-dressed driver who negotiated traffic very well. The ease of having it direct billed to my corporate AMEX made the experience even better. Gonna try Uber more on my travels in Europe and Africa over the next 8 weeks.