Uber Airport Rates

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I am a huge fan of Uber in general, and I think the business model is fantastic (and clearly I’m not alone, or else they wouldn’t be valued at 18 billion dollars). Particularly in cities that have a less-than-savory relationship with the local taxi “mafias” a car service like Uber can be refreshing. Heck, during my visit to Warsaw a couple of days back I had two taxi issues in a day, neither of which would have happened if it were a city with Uber.

That’s the beauty of an instant feedback system like what Uber offers. When you’re able to rate the driver on the spot (and in turn, they rate you), it creates a system whereby drivers are more focused on maintaining their overall relationship with Uber than maximizing profits with every ride (by doing things like what I experienced in Warsaw).

There are some fair complaints about Uber’s surge pricing, though I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve encountered that. For the most part, I actually use Uber to and from airports, and in many cities Uber offers flat rate pricing to the city center, which while not cheap, can still be a great value, particularly abroad.

I’ve listed the international fixed-rate routes below, but you can easily check the rates in various locations by visiting the Uber website.

Uber Airport Rates in Europe uberPOP / uberX to City Center Uber BLACK To City Center
    Amsterdam, Netherlands | SCHIPHOL AIRPORT n/a €45
    Berlin, Germany | SCHÖNEFELD AIRPORT €40 €60
    Den Haag, Netherlands | SCHIPHOL AIRPORT n/a € 100,00
    London, United Kingdom | HEATHROW AIRPORT £37 £60
    London, United Kingdom | LONDON CITY AIRPORT £30 £35
    London, United Kingdom | LONDON GATWICK AIRPORT £55 £110.00
    Lyon, France | SAINT EXUPERY AIRPORT n/a €50
    Manchester, United Kingdom | MANCHESTER AIRPORT n/a £18
    Milan, Italy | AEROPORTO DI BERGAMO-ORIO AL SERIO n/a € 130,00
    Milan, Italy | AEROPORTO DI MILANO-MALPENSA €60 € 120,00
    Moscow, Russia | DOMODEDOVO, SHEREMETYEVO, or VNUKOVO AIRPORTS n/a 3 500,00 руб
    Munich, Germany | AIRPORT FRANZ JOSEF STRAUSS n/a €75
    Paris, France | AÉROPORT PARIS-CDG €35 €70
    Paris, France | AÉROPORT PARIS-LE-BOURGET €35 €70
    Paris, France | AÉROPORT PARIS-ORLY €30 €60
    Rome, Italy | CIAMPINO AIRPORT n/a €55
    Rome, Italy | FIUMICINO AIRPORT n/a €65
    Rotterdam, Netherlands | SCHIPHOL AIRPORT n/a € 130,00
    Stockholm, Sweden | ARLANDA AIRPORT 520,00 kr 750,00 kr
    Vienna, Austria | VIENNA AIRPORT n/a €50
    Zurich, Switzerland | ZURICH AIRPORT n/a Fr.89
    Uber Airport Rates in Asia & India uberPOP / uberX to City Center Uber BLACK To City Center
    Bangalore, India | BENGALURU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT n/a ₨ 1,885.00
    Bangkok, Thailand | BANGKOK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT n/a ฿550.00
    Beijing, China | BEIJING AIRPORT ¥250.00 ¥300.00
    Guangzhou, China | GUANGZHOU BAIYUN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ¥250.00 ¥300.00
    Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong SAR | HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT n/a $600.00
    Jakarta, Indonesia | JAKARTA AIRPOT n/a Rp200,000
    Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR |HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT n/a $500.00
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | KL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT n/a RM220.00
    Seoul, South Korea | INCHEON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT n/a ₩150,000
    Shanghai, China | PUDONG AIRPORT ¥258.00 ¥350.00
    Shenzen, China | SHENZHEN BAO’AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ¥180.00 ¥400.00
    Singapore, Singapore | CHANGI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT n/a $55
    Taipei, Taiwan | TAOYUAN (AIRPORT)/ZHONGLI NT$1,000.00 NT$1,500.00
    Tokyo, Japan | NARITA AIRPORT n/a ¥40,000
    Uber Airport Rates in Australia/New Zealand uberX To City Center Uber BLACK To City Center
    Auckland, New Zealand | AUCKLAND AIRPORT $70 n/a
    Melbourne, Australia | TULLAMARINE AIRPORT $55 $80
    Perth, Australia | PERTH AIRPORT (INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC) n/a $85
    Sydney, Australia | DOMESTIC AIRPORT n/a $65
    Sydney, Australia | INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT n/a $75
    Uber Airport Rates in Africa & Middle East Uber BLACK To City Center
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates | DUBAI AIRPORTS AED50
    Dubai Marina, United Arab Emirates | DUBAI AIRPORTS AED100.00
    Durban, South Africa | DURBAN KING SHAKA AIRPORT R420,00
    Uber Airport Rates in Central/South America Uber to City Center
    Bogota, Colombia | AEROPUERTO INTERNACIONAL DE BOGOTÁ $ 40.000,00
    Cali, Colombia | ALFONSO BONILLA ARAGÓN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT $ 75.000,00
    Lima, Peru |AEROPUERTO INTERNACIONAL S/50
    Miraflores – Lima, Peru |AEROPUERTO INTERNACIONAL S/65
    Panama City, Panama | OCUMEN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT $35
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT R$120,00
    Santiago, Chile | AEROPUERTO INTERNACIONAL DE SANTIAGO $26.000,00

Obviously there are more economical ways to get from many of these airports using public transportation, but if you are traveling with multiple people, have bags, or are commuting outside of standard hours, the convenience factor of the Uber airport pickup sure can’t be beat.

Particularly when I’m abroad it’s nice to just get in the car and go without having to deal with the hassles of negotiating fares or pre-paying for a car service. Having the fare and tip automatically charged to my Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card for double points is the icing on the cake!

As you can see, Uber is available in nearly 40 countries, and has standardized rates for over 100 airports. The service is constantly expanding, so I’m sure we’ll see more cities on the list soon!

[​IMG]

Referral Program

Uber has a pretty cool referral program, and historically the bonus was $10. That means the person being referred gets a $10 bonus and the person doing the referring gets a $10 bonus after the person they’ve referred has taken their first ride.

They’re back now with one of the best “straightforward” referral bonuses I’ve ever seen. For a limited time, Uber is offering a $30 referral credit, whereby both the person being referred and the person referring receive a free ride of up to $30.

So if you sign up for Uber now you will be given a $30 credit. You can sign up using my referral link or feel free to post your link below and people can sign up through there. Then when you take your first ride, the $30 will immediately be applied towards your first ride.

Alternatively, if you have an Uber account, be sure to refer your friends during this promotion. I’m always amazed by how many people haven’t yet signed up for Uber, and you can’t beat the value of this sign-up bonus, both for the person referring and the person being referred.

One thing worth noting is that the credit has to be redeemed in USD, so wouldn’t be valid on foreign airport transfers, assuming you’re signing up for a US account.

Has anyone else used Uber overseas, or from airports? What are your thoughts on the fixed-rate pricing?

The post Uber Airport Rates appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Comments

Related Stories

The post Uber Airport Rates appeared first on BoardingArea.

The post Uber Airport Rates appeared first on Prior2Boarding.

The post Uber Airport Rates appeared first on BoardingArea.

Continue reading...