UAL 1st class pax get a pretzel basket while former CEO walks off with $37 million

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by ahappyelite, Aug 13, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah the things the airlines can do in the middle of the choiceless, holy hell of air travel brought to you by completely unnecessary and probably-synonym for dishonest -airline mergers.
    Also encapsulates what is wrong when Wall Street puts its boot on the nations throat.
    And the next administration is likely to be totally owned and operated by hedge funds-even worst than this one that allowed air travel to become more hellish every day.
    It is an attractive basket.

2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Moving people from point A to point B has never been a problem,

The level of comfort is determined by the price paid.

Walking is not crowded, and it is far cheaper ].

If you desire service be willing to pay for it,

8MiHi likes this.
  3. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have gone through the proxy and I just cannot come up with $37 Million. A little over $20 million seems to be the actual number. Oh the humanity of such poverty...
    I like the pretzel basket.

4. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    Published reports say the ex CEO received $37 million.
    This is enough 6c mini muffins to feed every 1st class pax for 6 years.
    Imagine if there was airline competition, not the race to the bottom.
    Is there anything you can say about US airlines that is worse than the truth?

5. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    You know ahappyelite and anyone else reading this forum, there's an election in November.

You can change all of this. With your vote. I think you know which lever to pull.

Thanks for listening and please excuse the political pandering but for once I truly do think it goes "beyond" politics.

Dublin_rfk likes this.
  6. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Satman. I appreciate your sentiments. Here's the problem. Everybody that you , today, are defining as Elite or whatever is not the person who has redeemed 100's of thousands of miles for free trips across the globe like the massive blog machine of 2012-2014.

In fact , a large number of the people so vehemently committed to making the supposedly "miles rich" pay their fair share ARE the people who redeemed hundreds of thousands of miles in years past.

We , believe it or not, sometimes share your frustrations with the stagnation of progress of some of these companies, however, this whole idea that everybody is pulling the wool over your eyes is just nonsense.

It's like the people who stole millions during S&L coming back and pointing the finger during the 2008 financial crisis ( yeah we know... same crew lol ) .

It simply doesn't hold water. Like I've said we're sorry everybody's frustrated. But stop playing us all for fools when all you're running is a shell game of hot potato where you progressively try to leave the bag of poo with the newer player.

Whole lotta bitter being passed around.

That being said, I agree, if you CHOOSE to play again going forward.

You should be fully aware of the rigged game you're buying into. Just like you should be 100% aware of what a Vote for a certain side actually means so if you do that to yourself, you have nobody to blame but you.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  7. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes I know this is like an Evangelist with a sign standing on the Strip in Vegas saying "Don't you know who's taking the skim. Play at your own risk"

Heck in major metro areas the airports are the Centers of all Chicago style backdoor deal making. Some I won't even visit because they drag their feet when picking up a car rental. Don't you Realize the public service I'm providing by lifting that gate you entitled pr#@k. Like we can't just put an ez pass device in the Unit.

Get out of the way, I have cc spend to gamble away Puritan Wretch!

8. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The S&L, is a loan to unqualified person, buying an over priced house, subsidized by a government loan.

I sold one and even paid the closing cost, and they buyer may default on the loan.

The loan paper will be sold to an investor, and it may or may not be a good investment.

The investor buy the paper because the bank interest is low, ''the interest rate is regulated by the government.

And they call China a money minuplation.

Thank Frank and Dodd for this game,

Blame the bank investors for rolling with it, not all of them wanted the bail out, same thing with the high Union wages.,,''a CEO wage is based on his workers wages, and is passed on to the consumer..''roll with the punches

Realtors and Unions are the largest PAC Contributors..creating a phony economy..

Supply and demand...

Wealth is just a state of mind, no one really owns it, and no one will take it with them when they leave this world.

9. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    I LOVE LAMP

TehAviator, njs281, icurhere2 and 4 others like this.
  10. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should fly BA then. ;)

rggale likes this.