UAE Makes It Illegal To Swear In Text Messages

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 17, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    All things considered I'm a fan of the UAE, and in particular Dubai. Would I want to permanently live in Dubai? No way. But to me there's something indescribably electric about the city, something which always makes me enjoy going back, and which keeps me intrigued. I communicate with my friends in the UAE primarily using WhatsApp, and do occasionally have an ever-so-slightly foul mouth, so I did a bit of a double take when I saw the below story, entitled "UAE pushes for $68,000 fine for swearing in WhatsApp message." Via arabianbusiness.com: "A recently introduced law in the UAE makes it a criminal offence to swear or use abusive language a text messages. Anyone convicted of the offence could face a fine of up to $68,000 (AED250,000) and a prison sentence. Expats will also be deported from the UAE under the cybercrime law." The post UAE Makes It Illegal To Swear In Text Messages appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...