UA Snack Boxes

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Apr 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have never tried one of them. Would be curious as to your favorite if you fly in economy, not that I don't fly economy but always bring my own food when I do. Which is your choice for breakfast, lunch or dinner? Have you ever seen a "best before date" on any of them?

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I usually go for the Tapas option for the snack boxes if I had to. There are packaged dates and best before dates stamped on the bottom of the boxes so I can assure you the content should be fresh when you get one onboard.

3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That one does look good, at least the description of it in the Hemisphere's Magazine, I think that would probably be my choice.

maradori and perryplatypus like this.
  4. sfogate
    Original Member

sfogate Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't like the Tapas box myself. Too many conflicting flavors. I prefer the Classic snack box.

5. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the Tapas box because it has the highest percentage of things I can actually eat. Wish they had some gluten-free crackers, though -- would it be so hard to make ONE of the three kinds GF? Other airlines manage it (VX in particular).

Out of the Classic box, I can have the ironically-named Kettle chips, jelly beans, and maybe the cheese spread (though nothing to spread it on, unless I put it on the bbq chips).

perryplatypus, redwoman and sfo1 like this.
  6. redwoman

redwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I go for the Tapas one. I never thought about the conflicting flavors though I suppose it's true; I gauged it as one of the more filling ones with some fiber, some fat and protein and a little bit of complex carbs (olives, hummus and crackers and cheese).

I'm all about staying full; you do NOT want to sit next to me on a transcon when I have low blood sugar. :eek:

7. maradori
    Original Member

maradori Silver Member

Status Points:
    For the OP, here's a shot of the tapas snack box. +1 with everyone who chimed in, it's an interesting variety!

[​IMG]

I've also taken pictures of the "choice menu - cheese and fruit plate" as well as the asian noodle salad (IMO, both aren't "worth" it compared to the tapas though)

redwoman, Flyer1976 and sfo1 like this.
  8. Jeanne23

Jeanne23 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I prefer the Tapas snack box, but I like the asian noodles meal if the flight is long enough to grab food instead of a snack box. It costs approximately the same.

redwoman likes this.
  9. Jeanne23

Jeanne23 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you ever wanted something to have at home and grab to take with you, GoPicnic's crackers are gluten free and have a large selection of different snack boxes.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  10. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had them before. Like anything from Amy's, too faux health food for my tastes. Still, not bad when there's little alternative. Instead, I generally bring food from the local deli: pulled pork, mashed potato, and whatever veggie suits me that day.

Jeanne23, redwoman and Flyer1976 like this.
  11. redwoman

redwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mmmmmm pork. Can I sit next to you on my next flight? :D

Jeanne23 and desamo like this.
  12. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of course!

Jeanne23 likes this.