UA seat assignments, 1k line and lies (a rant)

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by estnet, Aug 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just need to rant for a minute - why can't UA fix the fact that I can't assign my seats online? Sixth time there has been a schedule change (15 minute time change new flight number) - spend 15 minutes (b/c UA is slow) assigning seats and check previous assignments - save - and NONE of the changes saved. Previous calls had to involve a sup b/c even the agent couldn't get the seats to stick.

Call UA - on hold 15 minutes on 1k line - why? "b/c of weather and cancellations" where is the weather? No answer .... allegedly fixed seats and sent me email.

Email lists 4 seats for 6 flights - check .bomb - one flight still no seat. Call back - agent "the reason your seat isn't sticking is b/c u have been ug'd" YES, I know since all my seat assignments are in the ug'd cabin and I was ug'd when I made the reservation - 15 minute wait for a supervisor whom I ask for training for the agent (yes I know it won't happen). Sup is rude, condescending and lectures me about how she can see seat assign. on a system I can't see and "i just have to trust her" and no "I can't send you anything showing this..... AND IT DOESN'T MATTER B/C NO SEAT ASSIGNMENT IS GUARANTEED ANYWAY"......... yes I know this (1k 2mm bis) but don't appreciate the tone or lecture. (Rant over)

Only makes me appreciate the kindness and professionalism of the AA agents more!

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps you missed the massive storms which blew through NYC and Houston yesterday causing large numbers of canceled flights. ;)

NYCUA1K and Flyer1976 like this.
  3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep, I did ...... but this was at midnight pacific time (3am east coast time) and it would have been nice if the agent just said - NY and Houston ....or something, anything;)
    What I'm really mad about is even having to call to get a seat assignment - something I used to do routinely in 5 or so minutes online..... never had to bother the agents about it before.... 3/3 that is:mad:

4. iNevets

iNevets Active Member

Status Points:
    I had the same issue on a flight last month. I continually assigned myself to 9B on an EMB-120 and would log back into find .bomb was showing me in 6B. When I called UA CS they told me they saw me in 9B and it must be a .bomb glitch. Since it was a very short flight, I let it play out. Sure enough .bomb was the glitch and what UA CS told me was accurate. I sat in 9B.

5. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint.

I had a similar thing happen at a very small airport, on the same EMB-120. But the app showed me being in 9B all the up to check-in, which I learned I was actually seated in 6B.

What irritated me further is that the GA told me 9B was still taken when we were boarding. When the doors closed, no one was in 9B. Sure, someone might have checked in and didn't show up, but this GA was also the one who checked me in outside security and walked past me when I was seated to give a BP to someone else in the plane.

I ended up moving to 9B after asking the FA if it was okay. Even the FA, who asked me if I'm 1K, was dumbfounded why the GA didn't move me to 9B since his manifest didn't say anything about anyone being in 9B.

Welcome to the new United.

6. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    New United is very stale. Haven't been on a UA aircraft since July 6, with no travel booked on them through end of the year. It's a great feeling. I have a few Intl trips this fall and I'm trying to decide if I should AA or UA....hmmmm. I'll be on F9 for a family labor day trip (tickets less than half of what UA wanted out of DEN to ORD).

The new UA is a nasty beast. I don't care to engage some big dialogue, everyone has their own experiences. Bottom line is maybe shareholders are happy, I don't think very many other people are.