UA saver award monitor

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by UA/Travel_!_Junky, Apr 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. UA/Travel_!_Junky

UA/Travel_!_Junky Active Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys I have a flight on UA departing ANC-DEN-IAH-MBJ all my segments have a business saver award except the ANC-DEN segment. I automatically called UA to get complimentary eco+ for that segment which I got since everything else is a business class award fare. Here's my question is there any site that can lookup saver awards for you and notify you when one becomes available. I have been looking daily to see but a few times I've been to busy to check and hope that I don't miss out on the award. The only reason that I really care is that that is the longest leg of my flights along with it being an overnight flight I know I would be more comfortable in F rather than Y. Thanks for your input!

daninstl and 8MiHi like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call UA and you can get wait-listed for the biz seat on that award.

daninstl, 8MiHi and TravelBear like this.
  3. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is that available to everyone or just elites?

daninstl likes this.
  4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is available to anyone that has a premium cabin itinerary that had a segment in a class of service lower than what was paid for. For example if someone redeemed for Business Class but one leg was only available in economy at the time, they can waitlist for the segment until 24 hours prior to departure in business class.

daninstl and TravelBear like this.
  5. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks.

daninstl likes this.
  6. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    And just to add to Seth's excellent information: you will sometimes get an agent who tells you that it is not possible, and that United does not do wait lists. At that point, say thank you nicely and HUACA. You will be put on the wait list with a PR-1 status. Also, don't use the term "upgrade", as you are not upgrading but being put on the wait list. This thread on TOBB has a lot of information:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ed-waitlist-award-seats-questions-issues.html

daninstl and Wandering Aramean like this.
  7. honolulu96815

honolulu96815 New Member

Status Points:
    I want to book a award business class ticket (HNL-FRA) for next year. I saw that the saver awards are all "mixed cabin", so that I would need to fly economy the first two legs. Is there any way around it?

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can either find flights where all the segments are in business class, waitlist and hope it clears or just take what is offered. There is no magic trick to making a flight clear and you won't know if someone is on the waitlist ahead of you but that's better than not booking at all IMO.

9. honolulu96815

honolulu96815 New Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately I've not seen any connections where all segments are in business class, no matter which months or day I choose. Could it be that there are no business class saver awards for flight from HNL to the mainland??

10. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are. I've taken them every year. Just last minute usually.