UA raising fares

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by guinnessxyz, Jan 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. http://www.usatoday.com/story/today...es-tries-second-airfare-hike-of-2013/1840011/

The airline has upped fares on most domestic routes by $2 to $5 each way, depending on the length of the flight. Fares on flights of 2,000 miles or more have been raised by $10, according to United spokeswoman Christen David.
    As of Wednesday night, JetBlue had increased domestic fares by $2 to $5 roundtrip. But It was not immediately clear whether other airlines would match either of the price increases.

sobore and uggboy like this.
  2. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Somebody's got to pay for all those idling Dreamliners...

mht_flyer, unavaca, davef139 and 3 others like this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I vote for Boeing.

kwai, mht_flyer, KenInEscazu and 2 others like this.
  4. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    A friend sent me a tweet today that said something along the lines of "I heard United is renting out the dreamliners as an affordable motel" :D

5. sustainat

sustainat Member

Status Points:
    Well I'm too new to post a link... but speaking of affordable hotels... I think the point was to have more 747s doing the hostel thing like the 742 in Stockholm, but they'll have to wait until those dreamers get back in the sky.

6. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought they did a price increase last week... Guess they rolled it back and tried again this week....

7. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think the USA today has this same story every other week. They just cut and paste the name of the airline leading the charge.

mht_flyer likes this.