UA Q4 & FY '15 Earnings

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Wandering Aramean, Jan 21, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The 40 new 73G will be nice to replace 50-seaters, though expect fewer frequencies on many routes as part of that. And the profit is nice but short of some expectations.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Completion rate improved by more than 1% and OTP increased 6%. Both were best since merger in Q4 '15.

genemk2 likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Hahaha....UA exec now saying improved completion rate meant higher operating capacity than expected, affecting earnings. Oof.

genemk2 likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    no new hedges since July '15; open to participate in 98% of future price decreases.

genemk2 likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    In 2016, United will take delivery of 14 737s, 5 787-9s, the first 777-300ER, and 8 used A319s. Also 40 E175s to the regional fleet

genemk2 and Garp74 like this.
  6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    There's a lifetime value with our MileagePlus customers ... so there's a balance [in FCM versus upgrades]. - (Not sure who said this but not Munoz)
    "That is a particular sore subject with [HVFs]." - Munoz

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can't say I am thrilled about that. As much as I dislike the CR2, right now less than a handful of them serve my local market (for UA), and I can't quite see a 73G as a good replacement. Hopefully they'll shift 70-seaters into 50-seater routes and replace the 70-seaters with 73Gs (or A319s).

Counsellor likes this.
  8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I would absolutely expect a "trickle down" approach to the fleet deployment, not a swap of ERJ/CRJs to 73Gs.

9. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's all about capacity discipline these days and improving the eroding unit revenue environment. :-:

10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Depends on the airline. There are others out there growing.

11. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    As my old Russian grandma (or was she Irish) used to say: "Nothing good can come from running your business as a fraud." Wall Street still hopeful that the algorithim will trump the sentiment of the human passenger who thinks the airline industry SUCKS. Lots of evidence of collapsing airfares on many routes. And hundreds of thousands who wish the worst for the criminals trying to make a quick buck through making travel a criminal ordeal. Hedge funds are KILLING AMERICA.

12. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

13. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great performance by the $20 million kid, Jeff S. UAL exactly one year ago $73.10, now $45.....that's called driving a company into the ground. Nothing good can come from a company that is so hated and incinerated so much good will over the past few years. Is another set of full page, wholly insincere newspaper apologies on tap? What at United didn't get worse in the last year? And please don't say higher rewards for higher spending because American just destroyed the value of the points their customers accumulated. The coffee was changed, but don't know if it is better because I won't give these people a red cent-they declared war on me and the other customers after 18 happy years with Continental. You may yet regret attacking and alienating all those economy passengers you disdained and chased away. Turns out that the passengers also bean count-and 32A is a lot less valuable w/o a real frequent flyer program.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016