UA out of DEN mileage run + future options

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by minesrugger, Nov 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. minesrugger

minesrugger New Member

Status Points:
    This is kind of a two part question. I've searched through various posts on the forums and have begun to figure out ITA matrix searches, but I'm still getting around 10 cpm for the runs I'm looking at doing before the end of the year. So, I apologize in advance if this has already been covered and I haven't been able to find it.

1. I need to make a mileage run of around 5000 miles on United Airlines (or *A I guess) out of Denver before the end of the year. I can find things in the $.10 per mile ballpark, but was hoping someone had an idea of something cheaper. I'd like to do it without a hotel stay as well if thats all possible.

2. I've also been gaining more interest in doing a series of 4 or 5 mileage runs early next year, to build up 1K status for 2 years. I was thinking something along the lines of the DEN - NRT run or something to that effect, but didn't know if anyone has done this or maybe found a better route for cheaper. Lower CPM is better as I won't be using the ole expense account for this one.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

2. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP! US has some good deals for the next month or so from DEN-PHL-DUB. RT is just shy of 10k miles, price was like $700. Search ITA for the fares; they're pretty widely available.

3. BuckleandBoots

BuckleandBoots Silver Member

Status Points:
    You may want to consider feeder airports that aren't too far away. There may be gems out of airports like Colorado Springs. (Disclaimer, I'm not super familiar with the Denver area, but I found anytime I can avoid the hub savings roll in.)

4. pyndasky

pyndasky Silver Member

Status Points:
    trip n a trip...2 RTs - DEN-BWI, BWI-LAX.... just did a quick fare check 12/8 to 12/13 lowest were 300 + 260 respectively for a total of about 560. BWI's a SouthWest hub, so the fares are pretty cheap in and out....

5. minesrugger

minesrugger New Member

Status Points:
    You guys are awesome! Thanks for the help!

6. GreekDeno

GreekDeno Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was pondering end of year mr from DEN, but need more miles than it's worth (to me). Another mp member found good rates to LGA. Around 6cpm iirc over the weekends.

Also, leverage the ITA thread to increase your knowledge. I'm not close to being as advanced as most on here, but it's been a good resource for me.
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/ita-software.7270/