UA MR Help out of ORD

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by Keith Boon, Mar 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Keith Boon

Keith Boon Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did the Premier Executive status match on UA, which requires that I fly 15,000 miles by 3/28. I have 12,694 so I am looking to do a mileage run in order to get the balance. I have been looking and can't find anything that seems worth it. This may be because I need to fly during non-business hours (i.e., not between 9-6 M-F). I guess in the end, I'll spend up to $600, which is about what I'm finding, but for so few miles, it seems like I should be able to do better than I'm finding.

Thanks

2. u600213
    Original Member

u600213 Silver Member

Status Points:
    can you use mke instead? you will earn 500 miles for the mke-ord segment and fares from mke are often less than from ord. Try mke-sea or san.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    and to add to u600213's MKE idea, one can always take Amtrak Haiwatha line to/from MKE if the times work for you: www.amtrakhiawatha.com The line makes a stop right at MKE and there is a shuttle that takes you from the train stop to the terminal.

I just chose a Saturday same day run ORD-LAX-ORD for April 30, $373 base and you get the whole day to play in LA if you wish. that would give you 3,440 miles which is all you'd need.