UA MP 2012 Program Changes Dissected

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by LIH Prem, Sep 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    CPU, GPU, RDU .. computer parts or MP acronyms?

Do I get to board on the colored carpet?

All this and more dissected ...

http://bit.ly/qr2r6t

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    David, where do you find the time... :)

Pat89339 and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You all might think it's funny but I for one am offended at the lack of accessibility here... I mean... Google Captioning is such an inferior platform...How am I as a Deaf person supposed to join in on the laughs :p

5. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    thats awesome! well done.

Pat89339 likes this.
  6. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excellent work "I can't wait for the opportunity to fly to HKG on all domestic seating" LOL.

Now, I'll be really impressed if you can do a "Hitler reacts to changes in 2012 Mileage Plus Program" video.

7. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    And what's cool—only on milepoint are these new acronyms already part of our dynamic glossary. Scratching your head as to what they mean? Simply double click or highlight CPU, GPU, RPU or even RDU or MUA and you'll see it's defionition in your upper right screen. Keep going, EUA, UDU, PQM, PQS ...

8. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    VERY cool feature. Great that you can even perform the same action in quote sections. Keep 'em coming! Would love to see such functionality on iPhones & iPads, too! One suggestion - it would be helpful to know that such a term is "highlight-able / click-able." If one is not familiar, one would not necessarily know to do this.

9. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    since xtranormal is a text to speech program, it should be easy for them to generate captions, I suppose. Though I've never tried it with their stuff. You literally just type the text into little text boxes with their program.

-David

10. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just turn it on and see what kind of crap it spews out...I'd love a "Hitler reacts to changes in 2012 Mileage Plus Program" video though...that always cracks me up!

11. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, I don't see any option on xtranormal.com for captions (I searched the site), but I can cut and paste all the dialogue and send you a transcript if you would like that.

If you want a transcript, start a conversation with me and send me your email address.

-David

Pat89339 likes this.
  12. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    BTW, I revised the link in the first post to v1.1 of the video. I had accidentally turned off the auto camera angle setting and there were a few tiny bugs in the script that were fixed. It's basically the same thing, but a tiny bit better.

-David

Pat89339 likes this.
  13. GreekDeno

GreekDeno Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cute and funny. Good job.

LIH Prem likes this.
  14. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    One more thing - maybe in addition to being able to click/highlight words that show a definition, perhaps the site could start a Wiki page so that *selected* users can help contribute to the definitions database. For example, in the UA Merger Update Thread, OP is defined by the site tool as "Original Poster," when actually in the context of the thread, it meant OnePass. If I could have edited the entry to include "OnePass" as a possible definition of "OP," I would have.

But for quality control purposes, probably not everyone should have the ability to edit the "Definition Wiki." Maybe Silver level MP'ers and above. Just a thought.

15. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    good stuf

LIH Prem likes this.
  16. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife was in our office when I clicked the youtube video. She then looks at me and said "what the hell are they talking about"? I started laughing and then said it's about our new MP program. She just kind of shakes her head and leaves the office:rolleyes:

LIH Prem likes this.