UA many schedule changes

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Filler03, Apr 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Filler03

Filler03 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone else noticed more than the usual amount of schedule changes? My trip to MCO in July has now had 7 changes to it since I booked. One was a cancelled flight (10am EWR-MCO), two were aircraft changes (738 to A320) and 4 time schedule changes. This seems like a lot for one trip.

miles and smiles likes this.
  2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    I booked a UA trip for me friend, CLT-YYJ, and UA has made 3 changes so far, leaving him with a 19 hour layover on his return! The trip is not until June, so we're still confident we'll get a return flight that works for him.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  3. Filler03

Filler03 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yea after canceling the 10am UA put us on a domestic 3hour 45 min layover at EWR. I called up and had them put us on the flight with an hour layover.

We lost all of our seats towards the front of Y. We are now last row... Has anybody had any luck calling in and getting put in E+ due to a schedule change?

ThereseKhu likes this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only one of 4 UA reservations (LGA-ORD-SLC; LGA-ORD-SAN; [LAX-PVG,NRT-LAX]; LGA-IAH-EZE) have changed so far, and the one that changed involved replacement of the problematic B787 with a B777. So, I cannot say it is unusual but what OP sees may depend on region/routes...

5. mikeschu
    Original Member

mikeschu Gold Member

Status Points:
    ... as I log on to check all my itineraries .... ;)

genemk2 likes this.
  6. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a OKC-SNA RT booked 2 months ago for next month. Was changed 3 times. So IME, more changes then usual.

ThereseKhu likes this.
  7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Every week pretty much since the PSS integration (if not earlier) there have been significant changes loaded to the schedules. The vast majority are to the domestic side of the operations as they slowly manage their cross-fleeting and adjust the lift between various cities. If you're booking domestic trips at this point I'd basically expect a change every weekend and if you don't get one be pleasantly surprised.

IDGflygirl and ThereseKhu like this.
  8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If it is UA metal just call and ask the agent to force open the better timed inventory. They absolutely can get that done and a change to a 19 hour layover is a very good reason to do so.

9. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    He has already done that, but they said that no other flights were available (which I find hard to believe two months out). He'll call again in a week or two.

10. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had pretty good luck with schedule changes. To the point that I hope to get them. Most of my flights kill a day anyway, so I try to get longer routing and earn the extra miles. It paid off quite nicely last year. Even though it wasn't enough in PQMs to get me more UG instruments, the double RDMs really add up quickly. Even more so when I am paying for F or BC. :)

Flyer1976 and skyvan like this.
  11. Filler03

Filler03 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you think calling up and explaining that all of us (there are 15 of us;)) who were originally in row 22,23,24 are now in the last two/three rows of the plane...and get moved to E+?

12. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    No. You had E- and you still do.

You can try, but I doubt it will work.

13. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have one for a few weeks from now that every single segment has had a schedule change, I now have 3 overlapping flight times :mad:. I'm losing some serious CPM if I call in for replacement flights so its a do not call to reroute scenario. I'm thinking of getting a refund instead due to trip in vain.

14. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you perhaps miss the schedule change when it first occurred as a schedule change for a flight "a few weeks from now" (unless "a few weeks" equals say 8 weeks) shouldn't be happening :confused:

15. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe it was about 3 months ago. I usually check my itins every few weeks. There a glitch in my favor that happened during booking so i was hoping it would automatically rebook me like on other itins that have had the same circumstances.

16. Boraxo

Boraxo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I get quite annoyed with the change. Not so much the times, which have usually been within a few minutes of the original departure, but the plane changes have the potential to mess up seating arrangements.

17. pyndasky

pyndasky Silver Member

Status Points:
    most of the changes I've experienced have been fairly minor (within 30-45 mins).... what's most annoying to me is the elimination of routes... (particularly out of BWI)