UA/LH Award Booking - HELP?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by guberif, Mar 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey all,

I have 2 UA award tix booked on LH J WAW-FRA-DFW, on 4/6 continuing on UA F DFW-DEN. At T-15 days (tomorrow night) I'm going to try and upgrade to LH F. When changing a UA booking online, it seems that you can only change the whole one-way trip, not just a single segment. Of course, the UA flight doesn't have award availability anymore, so I won't be able to "rebook" it.

I assume I can just call in to UA to change the segment, but I thought I had read that UA agents were having problems seeing the LH first availability.

Any advice/suggestions?

2. WooFly

WooFly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Phone agents have not had a problem for me in the best updating a single segment 2 times this year already. If they can't see the availability it has been my experience it is not there the phantom availability has been on UA.com.

3. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    So if it's legit availability (as verified by ANA tool) I shouldn't have any problem with upgrading it on the phone?

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    IME, yes.

5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're not upgrading but changing the award type from Business to First Class. If its showing on the ANA Tool then IME it's actual availability.

LH flies to DEN from FRA nonstop so you might want to look into that as well.

Good luck! :)

6. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh trust me, I've tried getting on the DEN flight. That's what I'm on for the outbound (but also only in J).