UA interlining to ET via IAD Questions

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by bthobe, Apr 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but I figured I would give it a try. Going to be heading out on a trip to ADD in the following few months and had a few questions with regards to interlining in IAD. Trip looks like this so far: LAS-IAD-ADD (I am flying UA to IAD and then ET to ADD)

-Will United check my bags through to ADD for me? Or will I have to collect them at IAD and recheck them with ET to ADD?

-With regards to lounge access, I know that ET is on the books to join Star Alliance by Sept '11. Is their any chance I can score lounge access at IAD as I am Star Gold? Or am I pretty much SOL?

-Does anyone have any experience with interlining between these two airlines before? If so, how did it go?

-Will UA stick the others in my party with baggage fees? As we are only flying UA domestic before continuing on to ET. Granted it will be bought all as one ticket via Orbitz.com or something like that.

Thanks!

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    1) They can and should, assuming it is a single reservation all the way through.
    2) Not likely.
    3) Not me.
    4) If you're all on the same PNR then UA gives companions of an elite 2x50# on a flight to the Middle East.

3. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Your arriving UA boarding pass should get you into the LH Senator lounge at IAD on the B concourse, the same concourse from which ET flights depart, although you'll only be able to bring in one guest.

4. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    If UA gives all companions of an elite on the same PNR 2 bags, is their any limit on the number of people per PNR? We will probably have between 9-12 people in the group.

5. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    This sounds more appropriate as I am pretty sure they won't outright just comp everyone.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    One does not get arrival access as a *G. I doubt that the OP will get access to the LH lounge on arrival in IAD unless they are departing on a *A metal flight, which the ET departure will not be.

7. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ay, there's the rub.

I'll admit I've been given access to the IAD Senator lounge both on a gate pass and with an arriving *A BP (terminating at IAD). However, my experiences should not be taken as evidence that the lounge does not follow *A protocol...