UA inflight response vouchers: we are sorry"

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Thomask, Aug 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    This week received some vouchers from UA cabin-crew that say: "we are sorry for the inconvenience"
    Please visit united.com/inflightresponse

What normally happens when you redeem them? What do you get?

2. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    usually a choice of:
    1. an e-certificate for travel of UA flights
    2. miles
    3. % discount on future UA flights
    The amounts will vary based on class of travel, status, what issue took place, etc.

Thomask likes this.
  3. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow. I thought UA stopped those years ago. For all the issues I have seen happen on planes in the years after the merger I have never seen one of the certs given out. Before the merger I was given a couple of these either on the plane or via email before the flight even landed at its intended destination.

Would be awesome if UA brought them back as I believe some good will gesture on-the-spot (e.g. flight attendant can give them out for spilling a drink on someone or an inoperable seat) goes a long way to keep passengers coming back.

-Rob

Thomask likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't been given a physical card in a long, long time, but I did receive an automated email after the merger, if memory serves right.

Thomask likes this.
  5. kevberhow

kevberhow Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had an international flight USA to Japan in BusinessFirst(points upgrade) and the AVOD did not work the entire flight for the whole plane. I don't remember all the options they gave me for the "I'm sorry gift" that they offered, but I chose a $75 ecertificate towards future travel. I think at the time I was Silver. They did not give me a card, but just had us go to the website with our flight info.

Thomask likes this.
  6. Flying Machine

Flying Machine Silver Member

Status Points:
    Received an inflight response coupon for a C class ticket LAX-NRT (there were dirty socks in my seat) what box should I tick off or use another claim to maximize pay out? I am a Plat with UA.. Thanks and Safe Travels

7. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    As I think I mentioned in another thread, the IFE failed on a 767 between EWR-ORD; I was in F and got one of those cards. When I entered it online, they sent me a $100 electronic travel certificate for the issue. On some international flights, they've been proactive to the point where bonus miles or credit pop up in my account even before I land. But this trip to ORD was the first time I've seen a card on a domestic flight.

8. trobb49

trobb49 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This happened at the end of March 2015. My wife and I had a problem with the overhead lights not working. The plane was full so there was no place to move. The F/A give us both cards. Since I was logged in with WiFi, I immediately redeemed my wife's (Gold). She received 8750 miles as "Customer Care Compensation". I, on the other hand, had an additional problem and so rather than selecting the button for just that type of problem, I selected "Other" in order to report both problems. This was handled by a human. The result: 2,250 miles! :(

8MiHi likes this.
  9. profpeabody

profpeabody Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just back from FCO-IAD United flight on Tuesday. Got a notice on Monday (more than 24 hours before the actually scheduled flight time) that the flight would be delayed by 6 hours due to a late arriving inbound plane. We had to laugh as we were more than a full day away so how could the inbound plane be late? In any case, they advised us to be at the gate at the originally scheduled time just in case there were additional changes. We did so and ended up sitting at FCO from 9AM until our flight departed a bit after 4 PM. During the flight they made an announcement that there would be an apology gift available online. The choice was 6,250 miles or a $125 voucher for future travel.

8MiHi likes this.