UA flight time changes on booked itinerary

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by santafefran, May 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. santafefran
    Original Member

santafefran Silver Member

Status Points:
    In part chose United for a TATL trip based on their flight schedule but I just checked my itinerary and the 10:10 am leg ABQ-IAD has been changed to an 8 am departure. ARGHH!:( Also the return leg IAD-ABQ has been changed from 5:45 pm to 7 pm departure. :(:mad:

This trip isn't until mid-Sept/early Oct. What is the likelihood that they will change again prior to trip, perhaps back to original schedule?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unlikely that it'll change back. If you don't like the new time and you can find something priced better than what you paid you can always ask them to refund the ticket as the new times don't work for you.

Rlpro and santafefran like this.
  3. Many of the schedule changes are for less than 30 minutes and don't have any impact. For something over an hour or two, I have found UA will almost always (and always for a 1K) rebook at no cost.

4. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup... Rule of thumb is if the change is more than an hour, you can always call and they will almost always will rebook you on reasonable flights at no cost that gets you to your destination closer to the times you originally booked...

If you ask for IAD-SEA-LAX-ABQ then I doubt UA will do that for you, but if you see IAD-IAH-ABQ or IAD-DEN-ABQ with schedules that suits you better then call...

Flyer1976 likes this.