UA FF redemption

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by javman08, Feb 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. javman08

javman08 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was playing around in UA.com looking at future potential vacations for my wife and I ORD-CDG (Bus) using Flex dates United wanted 250,000 miles pp but when I swithced to the Star Alliance tab I could get it for 100,000 pp anyone know why there is such a big difference?
    Cheers

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Because the United site sucks. Use the Continental site and you'll get more routing options across more partners, all on one screen.

3. javman08

javman08 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks,
    I had a look on CO they still quoted the 250K for Bus, but I could see US and AC flights (100k) on their page but no LH, all early stage planning anyway,
    Cheers

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    They only charge the rate that the particular flight is going for; if the site is showing the inventory at 100K then that's what you'll pay for it. There may be some that are at the saver and some at the standard rate, depending on the inventory available, but you only pay the rate that is listed next to the specific option you choose.

And, other than CO and UA (and maybe CM) metal you cannot get standard rewards so don't expect to get the 250k awards on partners.

5. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    YMMV of course, but I would take AC over LH any day in C and US is a great option if you can get the A332.

Blue Skye and Wandering Aramean like this.