UA/DL: BOS-SIN <$1100 RT AI 4.7-4.9 cpm possible

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by TheBOSman, Aug 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to try to post anything I find both here and on FT from now on. I see this forum doesn't get quite as much activity as its counterpart on TOBB, but how about we try and change that!

While this is far from the best MR I've ever seen, there are two notable advantages to this fare:

1. Available across all alliances, and more importantly...

2. No minimum stay requirement!

DL's fare lists 1 free stopover and 2 additional stopovers at $100 each, but only at the gateway city, and not allowed in Japan or anywhere else in the Pacific. UA's has 2 for $100 each. Staying a couple of days seems to drop the price a little bit. Best routing on DL is BOS-(as many stops as you can make work)-ATL-NRT-SIN. UA appears to be BOS-SFO-HKG-SIN. AA requires the TPAC flight to be on AA or JL, no option for CX. Best routing on AA seems to be BOS-DFW/LAX-TYO-SIN, there are some BOS-MIA-JFK-HND-SIN routings out there but those are harder to get. You CAN book the JL 787 TYO-SIN if available, but the BOS-NRT 787 route doesn't seem to have availability for this fare. DL and AA are MPM (Maximum Permitted Mileage) on this route. UA has its typical labyrinth routing rules.

UA books into K. DL books into T. AA books into Q. Fares valid with 7 day advance booking from now through mid-December, and January and beyond, at least through to April 2013. UA I can get down to 4.7 cpm, DL below 5.0 cpm, but AA is stubbornly stuck at 5.1 cpm. Simpler routings are under $1000. 22000+ miles very possible on this. Good luck!

2. theblakefish
    Original Member

theblakefish Gold Member

Status Points:
    I booked LAX-SIN on UA for May travel for $445 a/i r/t earlier this year...yikes at the price of this one, even with the 2500+ or so extra miles from BOS...:eek:

3. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yikes at 5cpm? That seems somewhat spoiled...

4. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was that with an FD? I've never once seen the SIN fares get that low, if I saw that low I'd book them until I went broke. This is also available under $1000 for more direct routes, and from other cities as well. How long was the stay requirement on your fare? This one has no minimum stay requirement, in truth the main reason I posted it. Some people may need to knock out a lot of miles in a short time, and this is one way to do it.

phuucnguyen likes this.
  5. phuucnguyen

phuucnguyen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I remember there was $625 fare lax-sin, but not this low? No trick involved?

6. theblakefish
    Original Member

theblakefish Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is looong gone now, but no, there was no trick. :D