UA DFW-SEA Same Day - 4517 PQMs - $276 + 1 RPU

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by KenInEscazu, Nov 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Date: 1/22/14
    Routing: DFW-IAH-SEA-SFO-DFW
    Time: 15:28
    PQD: $217.68 - $0.04819/CPM

The RPU is optional, of course, but I only had to burn one, so it seemed like a pretty good use. I currently live in Costa Rica, and will be moving to Medellin, Colombia soon, so I'm exempt from PQDs, but I'll qualify anyway with the cost of getting to and fro as often as I do.

Not the best MR deal in the world, but it's a one-day turn with a single RPU required to upgrade the whole day. This puts me over 11,000 miles to start the year in January.

3 mainline, with the final leg on a CRJ700. I can do that for the value with my favorite 2A reserved on that leg.

2. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I decided to repeat this one in February during my next Dallas trip. One segment didn't clear the UG at booking, but thanks to the advice I've read so often on this forum, I checked from time to time for R availability. Last night I found it to say R1, so I called, and it's now confirmed.

While I'm happy to have the second trip all nailed down and confirmed now, it really is a shame that UA makes using my 1K benefits so difficult. One really has to pay attention, or those who are will snag all the perks.

MSYgirl likes this.