UA deducted 50% of my EQM !!!

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by estnet, Mar 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Surprise logged in and found a mystery deduction of EQM. Two hours of my life later (and TWO agents) told just a "mistake" and will be corrected next week.

When I finally got to speak directly to the supervisor I asked why I wasn't just transferred to her rather than tying up an agent as well. Esp. Given the incredible wait times. The response

"I needed to train the agent on some steps....she's new"

So instead of handling my issue and letting me get on with my life and training the agent NOT WHILE IM ON HOLD I get to be told my time is of no value. And this is on the "alleged" 1k line!

Is UA trying to get rid of customers? :(

perryplatypus and alohastephen like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think Delta's trying harder. And the rest have their issues. It's all going to hell. :p

4. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you need t:) cut them some slack here. Once you hang up they're going to be on another call, not spending 10 minutes going over this one. The agent needed some assistance and received it. Next time that agent will be better able to handle the issue that you raised.

From NYC and sfo1 like this.
  5. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe, but I value 60 minutes of my time even if they don't. Training should be done BEFORE they are put on customer calls!

Mr. Silver Springer likes this.
  6. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can certainly understand a few minutes t:) perform such training while the agent is on a call. 60 minutes is absolutely unacceptable for such activity.

7. flyingbrick
    Original Member

flyingbrick Silver Member

Status Points:
    OP, you are not alone. Several of my previously posted flights just recently (sometime within the last week) disappeared as well. Haven't bothered to call, I will just add it to the list.

Xyzzy likes this.
  8. craz
    Original Member

craz Silver Member

Status Points:
    its no different then when I went to my bank the other day, my luck after waiting online (needed a teller for the transactions) for apx 15 mins, I get the trainee along with the head teller. Of cause all the head teller does is sit there and watch as the trainee messes everything up but stops her from actually letting the transaction go thru & then eplains to her what she did wrong and what she should have done.

Then I piped in to the head teller once you saw I was a CitiGold customer why didnt you simply do it all and explain what you were doing and why rather then Waste my time. She said well she has to learn it for herself , I said it shouldnt be on a CitiGolds customer time! and she then Sorry you are right

Pt is its not only UA where you will run into these things

9. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not flights that have disappeared it an actual entry with a date and a negative amount of eqm's (that are about 50
    % of earned ones NOT corresponding to any flight.
    ot

10. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I understand capacity cuts helping profitability, but actively driving away customers is something else. It's better for the airline when lots of customers compete for a few expensive seats.

coflyer2 likes this.
  11. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having worked in a call center, a week's worth of training can cover a ton of edge cases you won't see a lot of and won't remember as well if you spend 99% of your time handling non-edge cases.

I remember the first time I flailed and had to get a supervisor. Once she said about three words, I remembered the key process I was looking for, but not the steps.

There's only so much training you can take in at one time, which is why I was glad we had a lot of half-day lessons and I did several 2-3 day longer training things, too.

12. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    During the 2 hours I was on the phone with UACS today, 7/8 of which was on hold for supervisors, I simply found other work I could do till someone came back on the line. I don’t begrudge them at this stage of things, and was told that some bits of replacing missing miles, missing TravelBank trips and an unreturned RPU for a non-upgrade, had to be done by hand because of computer issues. Whether it’s training new or unfamiliar people with the new systems, or whatever, I’m one of those who feel I’m helping them learn all the various things a customer could ask for.

If it’s still like this a few months ago, I’ll be less charitable about it. Certainly, the old CO handled each of these things in no time at all pre-merger.