UA Deduct miles for Award Flights

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by edekba, Sep 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last Friday Night I booked an Award Flight for two people in which the total came out to 185,000 miles & ~$180.00 in taxes/fees. Sunday/Monday I called to change the initial connector flight times as they opened up a first saver on an earlier flight which is great.
    On 9/15 they took out 92,500 miles ... but nothing else since. Did UA have a BOGO sale that was advertised or is this something typical of UA.

2. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    it wasn't to HKG, was it? :)

3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was! and they didnt take 4miles from me but canceled it all :-(

but no it wasnt.

LAX - SFO - ICN -TPE - BKK (bus)
    BKK - HND - LAX (eco)

Reason why I'm asking is I'm thinking of changing the eco flight to BKK - KIX - SFO - LAX in First ... but if they give me my current flights for 92,500 I'm not gonna touch it.

4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    So as of today United still hasnt deducted the other half of the ticket... I'm a little worried that maybe they only got me 1 ticket (but the reservation/flight conf #/Partner website all say 2 travelers). I mean is this how UA operated usually? Or did I really get a BOGO?

5. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    On your "Manage Reservations" page, click on the "View" link and see if the reservation details list the names of both passengers. If both are there, then you stole one. Don't be surprised if they catch it, though. I don't know how efficient their auditing is, but if you want to keep both tickets, you'll want to make sure that you keep those extra miles available in case they bust you. (Or if you want to do the "right" thing, call them and ask if they charged you correctly.)

If there is only one name in that "View" link, then you only have one ticket. In that case, you've got some work to do in getting it corrected. Get on the phone now before availability disappears.

edekba likes this.