UA customer onboard "inconvenience" card

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by SnowDogDad, Dec 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. SnowDogDad

SnowDogDad Silver Member

Status Points:
    For a while, United flight attendants would give out a card if something like your light did not work, seat did not recline, sound did not work, etc.... I cannot, for the life of me, remember what they were called. But, one of the options it provided was a URL to which you could go, enter the card #, flight number, and the issue you experienced and they would give you a voucher or 9,000 miles.

On a flight last week, my first class seat did not recline. I asked the flight attendant about it and she acted like she had no idea what I was talking about. And, told me to go online and contact customer service.

Anyone remember these? Or what they were called?

Newscience likes this.
  2. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think they were called Customer Appreciation Cards. They stopped printing them after the merger and are supposed to be phased out. Email customer service and see what you are offered.

Newscience likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    The last time (about 3-4 years ago) I was "inconvenienced" while in coach seating on a long-haul UA flight by having no entertainment system and non-functioning bathrooms, the entire flight crew handed out an "inconvenience card" to all departing passengers, aka a "$200 voucher".