UA.com not displaying a segment.

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by edekba, May 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a Mini RTW booked in November, with confirmed seat assignments for all carriers involved. Today I was checking my other flights and just went in to take a look. To my surprise ... my CDG - BKK is missing! It was on the receipt I got from UA ... but now under manage my flights its gone.

I checked TG website and I am still there, I checked my other carriers (SQ/OZ/SN/OS) and everything looks normal. My BKK - SIN on TG is also there, just my CDG- BKK is gone.

Should I call UA and inquiry about this, ... or just wait till UA.com fixes itself?

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have seen something like that before. You might be able to see missing segments by entering the associated UA PNRs at united.com. In fact, those segments may not display at all unless you explicitly recall them each time by entering their UA PNRs at UA.com. I thought that behavior had been fixed but apparently not.

edekba likes this.
  3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tried inputting my UA PNR ... showed up what I saw before, everything except the CDG - BKK segment.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call UA. Make sure they still have the segment in the reservation.

edekba and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    None of this would be particularly worrisome if it weren't for UA's poor past record of forgetting to ticket for *A flights. This situation has the making of one of those instances since the reservation shows up in SQ's system but not in UA's. This is what might happen: You'd get to the SQ counter to check in and get your e-ticket and would be told that they can see the reservation but UA did not ticket it, at which point you would pay $100 to have SQ issue the ticket (UA reimburses this fee promptly). The worse case scenario would be for SQ not to have a record of the reservation...

edekba likes this.
  6. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Weird, even the agent couldn't explain why it was not in my reservation. He checked my ticket and said I should have it, but he put me back on the flight, saying TG had space so nothing to worry about.
    I asked him why this happened and why didn't get I get an email regarding this. (I was online adding FF # to my parents who will be flying with me next week and decided to check this one, that's when I saw something funny. So I don't even know how long its not been on my reservation.) He said TG probably had a schedule change, and instead of notifying me and leaving it, the segment was canceled. Kind of scary ... if I didn't check it till departure ... Would I have been stuck in Europe? heh

NYCUA1K likes this.
  7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think that the problem is on the UA side. They are the ones that needed to send a request to TG and wait for a response before finalizing the reservation. That is the way things worked under pre-merger UA. Some *A bookings were instantaneous but others, especially those involving Asian carriers, usually required 24 hours to confirm. However, even with this, I recall two instances when I thought all was kosher only to get to the airport and be told by a *A carrier that UA had not ticketed the reservation. Fortunately, in each case, there was plenty of availability (e.g., SHA to HKG when FM was still a *A member), and I did not get stranded. Nowadays, I do not leave on a trip that includes *A carriers without having made sure that each such segment had been confirmed.

edekba likes this.
  8. SeaRaptor
    Original Member

SeaRaptor Silver Member

Status Points:
    There has been a lot of strange stuff going on with TG flights lately. I can find TG flights in 2014 on UA.com and Expert Flyer that agents cannot see to book.

edekba likes this.